Sweet and crunchy Asian Ramen Broccoli Slaw is the perfect chilled side dish for spring cookouts and summer get-togethers!
Tangy, sweet, and packed with crunchy nuts and toasted ramen pieces, this Asian Ramen Broccoli Slaw is a must-have! Crisp, cool, and fresh this super tasty slaw can be ready to serve in just 15 minutes!
A TWIST ON CLASSIC COLESLAW
Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against a good classic coleslaw, but when was the last time you were seriously impressed by one? This ramen and broccoli slaw is definitely a game-changer in the summer side dish department.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH RAMEN BROCCOLI SLAW
- Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken – Simple, healthy, and tangy, chop this grilled chicken up and mix it right into this broccoli ramen slaw.
- Hawaiian Grilled Salmon Fillets – This salmon is my favorite fish recipe to make on the grill!
Slaw: No chopping required, just grab a 16-ounce package of prepared broccoli slaw!
Mix-ins: This slaw has crunchy sunflower seeds and chopped green onions along with toasted cashews and crushed-up ramen noodle pieces.
Dressing: This sweet and tangy dressing is made of light olive oil, sugar, rice vinegar, and 1 chicken-flavored ramen noodle seasoning packet.
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN RAMEN BROCCOLI SLAW
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the broken ramen noodle pieces and the cashew pieces onto a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 6 minutes. Mix them up and bake them for another 2-3 minutes or until they are lightly toasted. Once toasted to the desired amount, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.
STEP TWO: Next, mix the broccoli slaw, sunflower seeds, chopped green onions, and the toasted ramen and cashews together in a large bowl.
STEP THREE: Place olive oil, rice vinegar, sugar, and ramen seasoning packet into a jar. Seal it and shake the dressing to combine.
STEP FOUR: Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad, toss it and serve chilled.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Go easy on the dressing at first. You can always add more, but you can’t take it off if you realize you have gone a little overboard.
- If you want to save a little money you can replace the cashews with peanuts. They’re a lot cheaper!
HOW LONG DOES BROCCOLI SLAW LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
If you keep your slaw in an airtight container in the fridge then it will typically last for 3-5 days. Unfortunately, this Asian Ramen Broccoli Slaw will lose a lot of its crunch after a day in the fridge- which might be how you like it! If you prefer the crunch and you know you want to keep some leftovers, I suggest keeping the toasted ramen and cashews aside. Simply mix them into individual servings instead of the whole bowl. This way you can keep the ramen crunchy and add it in the next day for round two!
WHAT ELSE CAN I PUT IN ASIAN RAMEN BROCCOLI SLAW?
This slaw is super easy to customize or even turn into a meal! Consider adding shredded cabbage, red bell peppers, edamame, sesame seeds, or even ginger to enhance the Asian-inspired flavors. It’s also easy to incorporate a protein to turn this side into an entree! Teriyaki Chicken, salmon, and even canned tuna go great with this slaw.
OTHER GREAT SUMMER RECIPES
- Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
- Lemon Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Summer Wild Rice Salad
- Pineapple Rum Slushie
- Chicken Springs Rolls
- Grilled Ribeye Steaks
*This post was originally posted on 03/23/2017.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Place broken noodles and cashews on a baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes. Stir and bake another 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Mix together the broccoli slaw, sunflower seeds, green onions, and toasted noodles and cashews in a large mixing bowl.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake. Pour over salad, toss to coat, and serve.