Fresh, flavorful, and so easy to make! These Chicken Spring Rolls make the perfect healthy lunchtime snack or simple weeknight dinner.
Super fresh and crunchy, homemade Chicken Spring Rolls are perfect as a whole meal or as a side dish. These easy to assemble rolls come together in just 15 minutes and are filled with fresh ingredients and served with the yummiest dipping sauce ever!
BETTER THAN TAKE-OUT
I love making this Chicken Spring Roll recipe at home because not only can I customize them, but I know that they’re full of the freshest ingredients. I also have yet to find a spring roll at a restaurant that comes with a sauce as good as the one in this recipe!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN SPRING ROLLS
- One Pot Pad Thai – Cool and crispy spring rolls go great with this hot and spicy pad Thai recipe!
- Shrimp Fried Rice – This Shrimp Fried Rice recipes is one of my families favorites!
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Easy to share lettuce wraps are great to serve up alongside spring rolls.
Wrap: You’ll want to buy a package of 8 spring roll skins for this recipe.
Filling: Each spring roll is filled with a large basil leaf, shredded carrots, sliced cucumber, and sliced avocado. You’ll also need a 4-ounce package of rice noodles cooked according to the directions on the package.
Chicken: You’ll need half a cup of cooked, shredded chicken for these Chicken Spring Rolls.
Dipping Sauce: This perfect dipping sauce consists of rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, sugar, and sweet chili sauce.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SPRING ROLLS
STEP ONE: You will actually start by making the dipping sauce. Simply combine the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, sugar, and sweet chili sauce in a small bowl.
STEP TWO: Toss the cooked rice noodles in 2 tablespoons of the dipping sauce and set the rest of the sauce aside.
STEP THREE: Next fill a pie plate with hot water and dip a spring roll skin into the hot water until it just begins to soften. Lay the skin out on a plate and begin assembling the Chicken Spring Rolls by placing a large basil leaf in the center of the skin. Continue by placing a layer of noodles on top of the basil leaf, followed by carrots and then cucumbers. Finish by adding a layer of shredded chicken and topping that off with a slice of avocado.
STEP FOUR: Once your spring roll skin is filled, fold the two side ends over the top of the filling. Next, fold the bottom end over the top of the filling and tightly roll the spring roll and place it on a plate. Serve your fresh Chicken Spring rolls with the dipping sauce and enjoy!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Don’t allow your spring roll skins to stay in the hot water too long or they may break apart.
- Do not overcook the rice noodles or they will become mushy.
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN SPRING ROLLS
I personally think that spring rolls are their best the same day they’re made. The veggies are crunchier, the flavors just hit differently when they’re fresh. If you do happen to have leftover Chicken Spring Rolls you can store them in the fridge individually wrapped in plastic in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days. This will keep them from sticking together and keep the wrap from drying out.
CAN YOU FREEZE FRESH SPRING ROLLS?
Due to the delicate nature of the rice paper wrap and the fresh veggies, I don’t recommend freezing these fresh Chicken Spring Rolls. I will however freeze fried spring rolls and egg rolls by first freezing them individually on a cookie sheet and then placing the frozen rolls into an airtight container in the freezer.
OTHER ASIAN INSPIRED DISHES
- Asian Ramen Broccoli Slaw
- Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- Korean Beef Bowl
- Orange Chicken
- Easy Fried Rice
- Wonton Soup
- Combine the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the rice noodles in boiling water according to the package directions. Drain the noodles.
- Place the cooked rice noodles into a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the dipping sauce. Stir until the noodles are coated. Set aside.
- Fill a pie plate with hot water. Dip a spring roll skin into the water until it just beings to soften. (Do not allow it to sit in the water too long or it'll get mushy.)
- Lay the skin out on a plate. Assemble the spring roll by placing a basil lead in the center of the skin. Next add a layer of noodles, carrots, cucumber, chicken, and top with the avocado slices. (Use about 1/8 of each ingredient per roll.)
- To roll the spring roll, fold the back end of the spring roll over the filling. Then fold the two sides into the center. Tightly roll the spring roll up and let the end seal itself to the roll. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately with the rest of the dipping sauce.