Everything is better with bacon, especially these BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE! These have become a keto staple on my menu!
My family begs for these skewers several times a month because they are that darn good. Just a little salt, pepper, and garlic are the only seasonings these chicken skewers need because the addition of the bacon takes them over the top. I love making an extra batch so I can use the leftovers when I make BBQ Chicken Pizza!
If you aren’t a fan of honey mustard, you could dip in BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, or even blue cheese dressing.
Hubbyman has taken up charcoal grilling recently and I just love the way these turned out with that hint of charcoal, but you could certainly use a gas grill or even an indoor grill if needed.
Check out my How to Grill Series for more tips and tricks for all kinds of grilling.
If you are a bacon fanatic like me…check out the best oven bacon tips.
- 2-3 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 package bacon
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 12-24 wooden skewers
- toothpicks optional
- Soak wooden skewers in a pan of water for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct cooking or preheat gas grill while assembling skewers. Layout chicken tenders on a cutting board or pan and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides. Gently insert skewer most of the way through the chicken, then starting at the top, wrap bacon around chicken to cover most of the way. Use toothpicks if need to secure each end of the bacon.
- Cook over medium high heat for about 4 minutes and then flip. Cook for an additional 4 minutes. Flip one last time and cook for 4 more minutes. Chicken is done when juices run clear and bacon looks crispy.
- Make sure to remove any toothpicks before eating.
- To prepare Honey Mustard Sauce:
- Combine honey and mustard equally in a small bowl. Taste that it's perfectly combined and then stir in poppy seeds.