It looks like I’m on a bit of a bacon kick this week with Fettuccine Cauli-Fredo with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon on Tuesday, and Bacon & Onion Green Beans on Wednesday.
Let’s be honest though, we’re always on a bacon kick! 🙂
I know that this time of year people are working hard to eat better and usually people don’t think about bacon right now. Here’s my philosophy, the best changes and long term changes are those that you could can live with forever. For me I love the flavor of bacon but I also don’t eat a ton of it. I will use a few slices to make an entire dish that will be split between 4 to 8 people. That way I don’t feel deprived and I can live with the changes.
This dip is so yummy. It’s sort of like a bacon flavored hummus. It’s not made with chickpeas but cannellini beans. I snacked on it with pita chips but it would be good as a veggie dip too! This dip is perfect for a Super Bowl party. It will make everyone happy!
- 2 slices thick cut pepper bacon
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/3 c chicken broth
- 15 oz. Cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions chopped both white and green parts
- juice of one lemon
- cook bacon until crispy then remove
- cook garlic in bacon grease over med heat for 1 min, stirring constantly so it doesn't burn
- add in chicken stock and scrape up all the bacon flavor from the bottom of the pan
- add in beans and cook for 3 min
- add to food processor with green onions and lemon juice
- pulse until smooth
- remove to a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste
- crumble bacon and stir into the dip
- serve and enjoy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!