Summer was made for sipping all year long with this sweet-tart drink of Coconut Tequila and Grapefruit Cocktail!
A cool, refreshing drink, Coconut Tequila and Grapefruit Cocktail is the perfect summer drink using only three ingredients and topped with garnish. Gather your coconut tequila, white grapefruit juice and St. Germain and you’re ready to shake up a drink that’s slightly sweet, a little tart, with hints of tropical flavor!
I’m a sucker for seasonal drinks- I love my hot toddies in the winter, apple cider in the fall, and all things fruity in the summer. When it gets insanely cold, for me at least, and I can’t take another minute of freezing my toes off, I head inside and make the first drink that makes me feel like summer all over a Coconut Tequila and Grapefruit Cocktail. This drink takes only minutes to make and it’s zippy, fruity, and sweet, all the flavors I love about summer! Oh, and the smell from adding St, Germain is like walking by a blooming flower- who doesn’t need that when it’s cold out! A pick-me-up drink when it’s cold and a refreshing drink when it’s hot, I really can’t imagine a better drink!
Other Recipes to Serve with Coconut Tequila and Grapefruit Cocktail
- A Grapefruit Margarita is a perfect choice for those who love grapefruit juice and great drinks!
- Paloma Cocktail is the drink you need when channeling warm, festive nights in Mexico.
Liquor: You’ll need Coconut Tequila and St. Germain Liqueur.
Juice: White grapefruit juice is perfect for this drink because the juice is sweeter than other varieties of grapefruit juice.
Extras: You’ll need ice for the drink and you’re favorite garnish, such as grapes, peaches, or nectarines.
How to Make Coconut Tequila and Grapefruit Cocktail
STEP ONE: Combine the measured liquor and grapefruit juice in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake for a few seconds.
STEP TWO: Strain the drink into a tall glass filled with ice. Garnish and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Don’t be put off by the grapefruit juice. I know a lot of people don’t care for the tartness but I promise this drink is well balanced with the sweetness of the other ingredients and is so delicious.
- Have fun with the garnish! Why not cube your favorite fruits to decorate your drink with and pretend you’re at a beautiful resort?
What is St. Germain?
St. Germain is a French liqueur that is made from elderberry flowers. The flavor and scent are very unique. It is sweet and floral with hints of elderberry flowers, grapefruit, peaches, and pears. The sweetness is not a sugary type of sweet but more like fresh fruit sweetness. All of the fruit and floral notes are why St. Germain is a perfect pairing with grapefruit juice!
What else can I pair with grapefruit?
Many people are put off by the intense tartness of grapefruit but sweetened grapefruit juice is actually really delicious with so many different flavors! Experiment with various combinations by adding fruits like banana, ginger, strawberry, and tropical fruits like papaya. You can also try black pepper, basil, mint, thyme, or rosemary, there are so many options!
More Destination Cocktails to Take You Away
- Grapefruit Shandy
- Grapefruit Tom Collins
- Pineapple Coconut Margarita
- St. Germain Sparkler
- Strawberry Gin Fizz
This post was originally posted on 05/23/2014
- 4 ounces white grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces coconut tequila
- 1 ounces St. Germain liqueur
- Raw sugar for rimming
- Coconut flakes for rimming
- Lime slice for garnish
- Pink grapefruit slice for garnish
- Mix some raw sugar and coconut flakes and spread them out on a small plate. Rim a collins glass with some lime juice, then dip into the coconut mixture. Carefully fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then pour in the juice, tequila, and St. Germain.
- Cover and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lime and grapefruit slices. Serve immediately.