Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip is a fun way to get all those flavors you love the easy way! Better yet, this dip can be made ahead of time making it the perfect party recipe!
This bacon jalapeno popper dip is great and so easy to throw together. My love of bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers inspired this recipe so how could you go wrong? If you’re having people over for game day you could mix it up the night before and then pop it in the oven about 30 minutes before you want to serve it. How easy is that?
Every time I make bacon jalapeno poppers they’re the first thing gone! I literally find myself trying to get them on the plate faster than my friends and family can eat them! So you can only imagine how fast this dip is gone!
With the rich cream cheese dip base, spicy jalapenos and lots of cheddar cheese no one will be able to stay away from it. One bite of the perfectly baked and warm dip and everyone will be hooked. It’s truly the best jalapeno popper dip with bacon you’ll ever have.
BACON JALAPENO POPPER DIP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Ingredients Needed For Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe
This ingredient list is so simple, you might even have everything you need already sitting in your kitchen! I told you this dip was amazing!
- Fresh Jalapenos
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
You could also substitute sour cream for some of the mayo. Just make sure the total is the same. S
I made this dip inspired by my baked poppers but you could also add crumb topping if the fried jalapeno poppers are your jam! I like a topping made of crispy panko breadcrumbs. Just mix together 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs with 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and top with that instead of the cheddar cheese.
Either way, I like to garnish the top with green onions or chopped jalapeno depending on who I’m serving to.
How Do You Make Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
So many people just buy premade dips for parties because it’s too much to think about making yet another complicated recipe. I’m sure we’ve all been guilty of it at some point, but homemade dips don’t have to be complicated and add stress to your agenda. In fact, most can be made ahead of time!
This bacon jalapeno popper dip is super easy to make and so worth the extra time!
- Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- While the oven is heating, cook the bacon pieces in a large skillet over medium heat until it’s nice and crispy. Then use a slotted spoon to remove it from the pan and put it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain the grease. Next, add the diced jalapeno peppers to the skillet with the bacon grease and cook until they are a greenish-brown color and fragrant.
- While the bacon and jalapeños cook, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl, mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Then add the cooked bacon and jalapeño to the cream cheese mixture and stir everything together until evenly combined. I’m getting hungry already!!
- Lastly, add the cheese dip mixture to an oven-safe baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Then take the dip out of the oven and add the topping of 1/2 a cup of cheese you saved. Pop the dip back in your oven and bake for 5 more minutes until the top of the dip is melted! If you want a golden brown top, switch your oven to broil on HIGH and cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Just be sure to keep an eye on the cheese so it doesn’t burn.
Can You Make Jalapeno Popper Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can prep your jalapeno popper dip with bacon up to three days ahead of time. This way you can make your day of party prep as easy as can be.
Since is a dip that is best served warm, I suggest waiting to bake everything until the day of, simply placing your prepped unbaked dip mixture in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake.
To do this, just combine the ingredients as directed below and spread it into the dish and refrigerate. Combine the topping ingredients and place them in a separate container or sandwich bag and sprinkle them on just before baking.
What To Serve With Jalapeno Popper Dip
You really can’t go wrong with how you serve this cream cheese dip recipe. It goes with just about anything you can spread it on. I loke to serve it with a sturdy chip, like tortilla chips, pita chips, pretzels, or toasted bread.
It could also be just as good served with a spread of raw vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, or carrots.
Can You Freeze Jalapeno Popper Dip?
If you want to make an extra batch to keep for later, you have the option to freeze this jalapeno popper dip. To freeze you will want to let the dish cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, or transfer everything to an airtight container. This will keep in the freezer for 2-3 months.
When you’re ready to eat it, let your jalapeno popper dip with bacon thaw either on the counter or in the refrigerator. Once thawed reheat it in the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes, or pop a serving or two in the microwave.
Don’t miss out on these amazing bacon recipes!
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Buffalo Bacon Cheese Ball
- Bacon Ranch Cheesy Bread
- How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
- More APPETIZER recipes…
Tools used to make this Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
Non-stick skillet: non-stick skillets are the best because they can save a lot of post recipe cleanup hassle trying to scrape off stuck-on food.
Slotted spoon: A slotted spoon will help make sure you only get the bacon and not bring a spoonful of grease with you.
Casserole dish: A good medium-sized casserole dish is always good to keep around for any occasion because they are so versatile.
*This post originally posted on 01/31/2013.
- 6 slices bacon cut into 1/2" slices
- 5 jalapeños diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add diced jalapeños to the skillet with the bacon grease and cook until they are a greenish-brown and fragrant.
- While bacon and jalapeños cook, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add cooked bacon and jalapeño to the cream cheese mixture. Stire everything together until completely incorporated.
- Transfer the bacon cheese mixture to an oven-safe casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven and add the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese in an even layer on top of the dip. Place back into the oven for another 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with your favorite chips.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!