The first time Stacey’s family and my own got together outside of school and children’s birthdays she made the Jalapeno Poppers she shared with you all. Have you tried them yet? They are killer!
That was the night before the Super Bowl so this year for our Super Bowl week here on Real Housemoms I thought I might change it up. I took the elements of the amazing poppers and turned them into a dip. With jalapeno and bacon, how could it go wrong? This is great and so easy to throw together. If you are having people over for the big game you could mix it up the night before and then pop it in the over about 30 minutes before you want to serve it. How easy is that?
Real Housemoms TV
- 6 slices bacon cut into 1/2" slices
- 5 jalapeños diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add diced jalapeños to the skillet with the bacon grease and cook until they are a greenish-brown and fragrant.
- While bacon and jalapeños cook, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add cooked bacon and jalapeño to the cream cheese mixture. Stire everything together until completely incorporated.
- Transfer the bacon cheese mixture to an oven-safe casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven and add the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese in an even layer on top of the dip. Place back into the oven for another 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with your favorite chips.