Rich, creamy Lemon Bar Ice Cream has a subtle flavor with chunks of deliciously tart lemon bars in every bite. The perfect treat for any lemon or ice cream lover!
So, I’ve now eaten ice cream every day for an entire week. And I have to stop myself from eating it at lunch time too. It’s becoming kind of a problem. But don’t offer to help, because no way am I sharing.
Real Housemoms TV
I usually try to send my ice cream recipes off with someone else, so I won’t be tempted after I have a bowl or two, but this one is ALL ME. Not even sharing with my husband. To be fair, he doesn’t eat ice cream, but even if he did, I’m pretty sure I’d keep this stuff on lock down.
This perfectly creamy ice cream couldn’t be easier. There’s only a handful of ingredients and the ice cream maker does all the work! You do need to make the lemon bars, but they’re easy too, and it’s never bad to have lemon bars around. Okay, for me it’s REALLY bad, but only in a way that’s awesome. I just can’t get enough.
I used my gluten-free lemon bars, but you could use your favorite recipe, or even some from a local bakery. I used 1/3 the batch (8-9″ square pan), which ended up being 3 large lemon bars. I also added a little Limoncello at the end. I always add a tablespoon of hard alcohol to keep the ice cream from freezing too hard, and this was the perfect addition. You could always sub vodka or just leave it out if you don’t have any on hand. No need to make a special trip, just get to your ice cream and enjoy!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Limoncello or vodka, optional
- 1/3 batch oflemon bars chopped (1 batch = 8" square pan)
- Heat the milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Mix with heavy cream, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Freeze ice cream according to manufacturer instructions. Add vanilla and Limoncello in the last 2-3 minutes of freezing.
- Pour a small layer of ice cream into freezer safe container. Cover with chopped lemon bars. Add more ice cream, and keep repeating layers of ice cream and lemon bars. Transfer to freezer to freeze completely.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!