S’mores Sundae Cookie Cups are delicious, summery, two-bite desserts and are such a fun way to enjoy ice cream!
Summer is officially here!
Not just based on the calendar, but Mother Nature seems to have caught on, as well!
And not that I need an excuse to eat ice cream, but this hot weather has me craving it more than ever. I love how many fun ways there are to eat ice cream…in popsicle form, or a root beer float, ice cream sandwiches…there are so many fun options that I’ll never, ever get bored.
And today I have a fun new way to eat ice cream…inspired by an ice cream sundae!
I love the idea of using cookie cups as a bowl for an ice cream sundae! And since it’s summer, and s’mores are all the rage right now, I decided to make them s’mores flavor.
I decided to take it a step further and make them mini…because mini food just tastes better. Am I right, or am I right? So I made these in mini-muffin trays, rather than full-sized muffin trays.
The cookie cups themselves are a basic cookie recipe with the addition of graham cracker crumbs. I pressed half a marshmallow into the cookie cups during the last minute of baking.
Using the back of a rounded measuring spoon, I pressed the marshmallows down, giving the cookie cups the perfect indentation to hold a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Drizzling magic shell on top gives them a double dose of chocolate flavor.
They ended up being two perfect bites, and they are sturdy enough so that when you take that first bite, the cookie cup will hold up. Nothing worse than getting ice cream all over your top!
So. S’mores Sundae Cookie Cups. A fun new way to eat your ice cream…and your cookies…and your s’mores too!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 22 large marshmallows cut in half
- Chocolate ice cream
- Magic shell
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease mini muffin trays and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugars and mix until completely incorporated.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, and baking soda.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until completely incorporated.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of dough into the prepared mini muffin trays (*don't exceed 1 tablespoon).
- Using the back of a rounded measuring spoon, press the dough into the pans, forming an indentation in the center of each cookie cup.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven and gently press half of a marshmallow (sticky side down) into each cookie cup.
- Return to the oven and bake for 1 more minute.
- Allow cookie cups to cool for 2 minutes, then using the back of a rounded measuring spoon, gently press down the marshmallows, forming an indentation. As they cool the indentation will become larger.
- Allow cookie cups to cool completely in the pans before gently flipping them out with a butter knife.
- Place one scoop of chocolate ice cream in the center of each cookie cup. Drizzle with magic shell.
- Serve immediately!
More bite-sized dessert ideas: