Creamy smokey corn dip with a kick! Perfect for your next BBQ!
I love this time of year. The weather is gradually getting warmer. The days are longer and the sun seems to shine so much brighter. Summer is just a heartbeat away and I can’t wait! One thing I love about summer is all the fresh produce. Nothing beats that first bite into an ear of fresh corn! Corn goes hand in hand with summer and BBQ’s!
I have the perfect party dip for you. This corn dip is so easy to throw together and chances are you have many of the ingredients in your kitchen already. I think the poblano pepper pepper makes this dip standout but if you could easily substitute a bell pepper instead. Also, adjust the seasoning to your taste. Cumin will give it a smokier flavor and the chipotle powder gives it spice. Again, adjust these to your tastes. It’s really a very versatile dip.
I used canned corn for this recipe, but you could easily use grilled corn or broiled corn as well. Just be sure to have enough chips on hand, this corn dip is going to go fast!
- 1 14 oz can corn drained
- 2 tablespoons poblano pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cheddar Jack cheese
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotole chile powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- splash lime juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl; adjusting seasoning as necessary. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with more cilantro if desired.