Asian Ramen Salad is a deliciously unique and tasty side dish that is easy to make and goes great with all your grilling meals this season!
A refreshing and flavorful salad is a must-have in the summer, and Asian Ramen Salad delivers with its light veggies and tangy dressing. The ramen, cabbage, seeds, and nuts crunch with an Asian-inspired dressing is the perfect dish to serve with all of your grilled chicken, steak, and burgers!
Simple Summer Yum
Summers were made for salads, and there’s no reason to stick with boring lettuce salads when we can just as quickly toss an Asian Ramen Salad together! My family and friends never seem to get enough of the coleslaw, ramen, and flavorful dressing, which I am so okay with because I love this salad that much too! Not only can I mix this salad up in a jiffy, but it also goes so well with whatever main dish we choose to make, so there’s no fussing and changing. Everybody happily gets what they want!
Make weeknights easy and delicious with Slow Cooker Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken or Busy Weeknight Baked Chicken Breast! These are two tasty solutions to serve with this salad on a busy weeknight!
Other Recipes to Serve with Asian Ramen Salad
- Fire up the grill for Tequilla Lime Chicken to pair with this delicious salad! These flavors are too amazing to pass up.
- Mix up the perfect bubbly summer drink for everyone at the BBQ with Sparkling Paloma Punch!
Pantry Items: Pick up sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, and two packets of Soy Sauce Flavored Ramen Noodles.
Veggies: You will need a bag or two of coleslaw mix and green onions.
Dressing: To make the dressing, you will mix vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, pepper, and the two packets of seasoning from the Ramen noodle packages.
How to Make Asian Ramen Salad
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw, sliced green onions, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, and broken Ramen noodles.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, pepper, and the two packets of seasoning.
STEP THREE: Pour the dressing over the slaw and noodle mixture and toss well to combine. Chill the salad in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Tips for Success
- When pouring the dressing over the salad, start with just enough to coat the veggies and then taste the salad. You don’t want to over-saturate the salad, so add a portion of dressing at a time until it is to your liking.
- Remember to hang onto the seasoning packets from the Ramen noodle package. The seasoning is used in the dressing and brings a lot of flavors!
- There is a good amount of salt in the seasoning packets, so you may want to purchase unsalted sunflower seeds and sliced almonds.
- Don’t cook Ramen noodles for this salad. The raw noodles will soften slightly when mixed with the dressing, and the crunch the noodles bring to this salad is delicious!
What goes well with Asian Ramen Salad?
The light flavors of this Ramen salad make it the perfect side dish for any meal. Chicken dishes were mentioned above, but grilled food like burgers, steak, and shrimp are also great with this salad. Salmon prepared on the stovetop or oven, and marinated tofu is super tasty options. Appetizers like Crispy Spring Rolls complement this salad well, or turn your night into a soup and salad combo and make Wonton Soup to enjoy!
What else can I add to this salad?
Add more of the fruits and veggies you love to this salad to make it even better! Mandarin oranges are a common fruit to add to this salad because the citrus plays so well with Asian flavors. Other veggies like shredded broccoli, edamame, and cucumber are wonderful additions as well.
You can layer in a little more flavor by toasting the broken Ramen noodles and almonds in the oven at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes for a great roasted flavor. This stellar salad always turns out delicious, so whether you make it as written or add in some favorite ingredients, you’ve got a potluck-winning side dish!
Bring all the best flavors to the potluck with these salads!
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Strawberry & Mandarin Orange Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Summer Wild Rice Salad
- Rainbow Macaroni Salad
*This post was originally posted on 05/18/2018.
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw, shredded red cabbage, green onions, sunflower seeds, almonds, cilantro, and crushed noodles.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, vinegar, brown sugar, pepper, and the contents of the soup base packets until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mixture and toss until well-coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.