What’s not to love about a delicious Caprese Salad? It has tons of ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, and tons of mozzarella drizzled with a balsamic vinegar dressing…mmmm…so good! So why not turn it into an amazing Caprese Pasta Salad. All the flavors, but in a more hearty pasta form so it could be a side dish or even a meatless main dish. Plus, since it’s a cold dish, it’s perfect for summer.
The colors are just beautiful in this pasta dish. I just love looking at it before I toss it and it just makes me smile. But then, I get to eat it and it’s absolutely perfect!
Real Housemoms TV
If you’d like to turn it into more of main dish and feel like it needs a bit more, try adding a piece of grilled chicken that’s been chilled and diced. However, it really doesn’t need anything else to make it a great meal.
Get more great recipes like this on our Real Housemoms Side Dishes pin board!
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half long ways
- 1 cup diced mozzarella
- 3 tbls finely sliced fresh basil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil +2 tbls
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- *Plan ahead...this needs time to chill.*
- Cook penne in a large pot of boiling water until al dente (about 10 minutes). Carefully drain and place in large serving bowl. Toss with 2 tbls oil to coat and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Cool for at least one hour. Add in tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Toss to combine.
- In a mason jar or small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt. Stir or replace lid and shake well to blend. Pour over pasta and gently toss to coat.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!