Oh my goodness! Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are amazing! I have made them many times for my family and they are always a huge hit! They are one of our favorite ways to start the morning! It is like eating dessert for breakfast and that is pretty awesome! I was very thankful when I found this incredible recipe at The Baker Chick! Many kids (and husbands) love pancakes, and when you mix them with the scrumptious taste of cinnamon rolls, you get a fantastic meal! As I have mentioned, I am trying to eat a little healthier, but there are times when the will power gets put on hold. When I made Cinnamon Roll Pancakes this week, my rumbling tummy took over and I ended up eating two big servings. How could you not give in to a beautiful plate of butter, sugar, cinnamon, and cream cheese? You can’t, so go ahead, make them, grab a fork and a glass of milk, and let the eating fest begin! Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are a great way to start your day on a weekend, a special occasion, or basically on any day! Enjoy!
PANCAKES (makes about 4 or 5)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
CINNAMON FILLING: *makes enough for much more than 4 pancakes
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare pancake batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt
- Whisk in milk, oil and egg, just until batter is moistened (a few small lumps are fine).
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon
- Pour filling into a ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag
- Set aside-You don't want this to remain super-liquidy (you want a consistency similar to toothpaste)
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and cream cheese until melted
- Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract; set aside
- Heat large skillet over medium-low heat and spray with nonstick spray
- Scoop about 3/4 cup batter onto the skillet
- When pancake has started to cook a little, swirl in the cinnamon filling with the ziploc bag that has the cut off corner
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more
- Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve
- When ready to serve, spoon warmed glaze onto the top of each pancake.
Shared at: I Heart Nap Time, Say Not Sweet Anne, Mom’s Test Kitchen, Mrs. Happy Homemaker, Inside BruCrew Life, Pint Sized Baker, Chase the Star, Spatulas on Parade, Sunflower Supper Club, Weekend Kitchen Creations
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!