I don’t really need an excuse to have muffins in the morning but back to school is a pretty good one, don’t you think? I can’t believe summer is just about over! My kids are getting a looooong summer vacation because of our move. They got out just before Memorial Day and go back in Oregon after Labor Day. Stacey’s kids are already back in school and it’s been strange not sending my third grader in with them. I can’t wait to see how school goes for my little monkeys this year in Oregon.
I always have a hard time trying to decide between banana muffins and blueberry muffins so I decided to continue with my love of combining foods and make these banana blueberry crumb muffins. They were exactly what I wanted. The best of both!!! I love crumb toppings on muffins so I always have to have it now when I make muffins. What kid wouldn’t want a nice warm fresh baked muffin before heading off to school? 🙂
Real Housemoms TV
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 c butter melted
- 1 c fresh blueberries
- 1/3 c brown sugar packed
- 2 T flour
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1 T butter
- Preheat the oven to 370 degrees & line muffin tin with papers.
- in a large bowl combine 1 1/2 c flour with baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- in a med bowl combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter.
- add the banana mixture to the flour mixture stirring just until moistened. fold in blueberries gently.
- in a small bowl combine brown sugar, 2 T of flour and cinnamon. using a fork cut in the 1 T of butter.
- spoon muffin batter into muffin papers. sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- bake for 18-20 minutes until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean