Honey BBQ Pork Chops seasoned with Grill Mates Mesquite Seasoning and topped with homemade honey barbecue sauce is the best recipe for juicy pork chops on the grill this summer!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of McCormick. All opinions are 100% mine.
It’s Summer and without a doubt grilling is a must in our family and trying out new spices and rubs is one of our favorite things about Summertime grilling. These Honey BBQ Pork Chops were a huge hit at our first big barbecue of the Summer with family and friends. The secret ingredient to these magnificent pork chops was the smoky and richly spiced flavor of Grill Mates Mesquite Seasoning. I have never used a dry rub before, so this was an exciting new way for me to add the flavor I needed in one amazing rub.
HONEY BBQ PORK CHOPS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
And if you have never used a dry rub before, it couldn’t be any easier. Just choose the meat you want, at our BBQ we wanted pork chops so we used boneless pork chops and all I had to do was pour, rub, baste and grill. It was amazing how tender and delicious these barbecue pork chops were. I even gave a quick grilling and dry rub demo to some of my neighbors, free of charge of course!
What is a Dry Rub?
- A dry rub is great to use on raw meat before it is cooked. It is a combination of different spices that creates this amazing light bark on the meat. Leaving the inside tender and juicy.
- It is more than just your regular salt and pepper spices. In fact, you don’t even need salt and pepper when using a dry rub. It takes regular grilled meat to the next level of greatness.
- I love the variety of dry rub options from Grill Mates. There’s a dry rub for each of my favorite meats to grill and I’ve even started using them on some of our favorite grilled veggies! Which one is your favorite?
How do you apply a Dry Rub to meat?
I am hooked on using a dry rub to season meat because it really is very simple. Just pat the meat you are using dry with a paper towel and then literally take the dry rub and rub and press into the meat on both sides. That is all there is to it!
How to BBQ pork chops?
Depending on the thickness of your pork chops and if they are bone-in or boneless the times may vary. Start by heating your grill to high heat or 450 degrees F and then oil the grill. Season your pork chops with dry rub. Cook according to the times below, being sure to baste the pork chops in barbecue sauce as they cook.
- For boneless pork chops about 3/4 of an inch thick grill for 5 minutes each side, 10 minutes total.
- For pork chops slightly thicker around 1 inch grill 7 minutes each side, 14 minutes total.
- For pork chops thicker than 1-inch grill for 10 minutes each side.
- If you are using pork chops that are bone-in they may take slightly longer than boneless pork chops.
What side dishes go with BBQ Pork Chops?
These grilled BBQ pork chops are not only easy to make and delicious to eat they go with so many different side dishes. One of our family favorites is this Easy Grilled Asparagus, and when I say “easy” that is what I mean. Simply grab some asparagus, wash it, trim the ends and place it into a large piece of tin foil. Spray with some nonstick cooking spray and season with McCormick Garlic Salt. Seal it up and place it on your grill for 20 minutes.
So this Summer Grill Your Best and get out there and try new things. For me, the amazing flavor of this mesquite dry rub turned these Honey BBQ Pork Chops from ordinary to extraordinary and was the perfect way to start off our Summer barbecue bonanza.
Want more easy pork recipes?
- Garlic Butter Pork Chops
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
- Perfectly Moist Pork Loin
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Grilled Peach Pork Chops
- More dinner recipes…
Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Combine bbq sauce, honey, minced garlic, and soy sauce. Mix to combine; set aside.
- Preheat Grill to 450 degrees F and spray with nonstick grilling spray.
- Use a paper towel to dry off the pork chops. Rub pork chops liberally with Grill Mates Mesquite Dry Rub on both sides of pork chops.
- Grill pork chops 5 minutes and baste with honey barbecue sauce. Flip and grill for 5 more minutes basting with barbecue sauce. Remove from heat and serve.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!