This post is sponsored by Cost Plus World Market. The opinions and text are all mine.
Lighten up dinner with this easy, gourmet Fig & Prosciutto Pizza! Ready in about 20 minutes on the grill or in the oven, it’s perfect for summer!
You guys, I need to just say “your welcome!” Because today I have combined two of the four most awesome foods in life to create this beautiful summer Fig & Prosciutto Pizza topped with a bright and fresh baby arugula salad! Then I’ll add a second “you’re welcome” because this is a gourmet pizza you can have on the table in under twenty minutes!! While crock pot pizza is great, I love lighter thin-crust pizzas too, especially during the summer, and this prosciutto pizza is crazy good!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
FIG & PROSCIUTTO PIZZA
Like this recipe? Pin it to your GRILLING pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Not all pizza is created equal. I know you agree with me so we don’t need to discuss this particular point any further. I’m sure we can also agree that pizza is one of the better food inventions ever of all time. Followed closely by salad, ice cream, and chocolate of course!
Have y’all ever shopped at Cost Plus World Market?
I knew you were smart!
Well, I’m sure you’re still smart, but what are you doing?!
Okay, listen to me. Finish reading this awesome post, then get yourself over to Cost Plus World Market…
- For the ingredients needed to make this prosciutto pizza recipe.
- For one of the happiest shopping experiences, you will ever experience! We are talking about beautiful housewares, serving wares, and foods all in one peaceful, well-cultivated environment.
Every time I go to Cost Plus World Market in Tigard I find something I just have to have. Whether it’s Stroopwafels, new plates, and cocktail glasses, or fab accessories to dress up our house and patio I always leave with a treat for myself.
Traditionally pizza is topped with a marinara or even an alfredo sauce. While these sauces are beautiful and all things fabulous, for this fig & prosciutto pizza recipe I stepped outside the box and combined three big flavor ingredients for a nontraditional but seriously delicious sauce.
- Ricotta Cheese – Did you know you were making a two cheese pizza? Look at you, you gourmet chef! Wow, you’re amazing!
- Fig Spread – While fresh figs would be delightful in the recipe, putting the figs into the “sauce” simplifies the process and gives it a hint of sweetness that compliments the other summer pizza ingredients.
- Dipping Oil – Cost Plus World Market has a variety of wonderful dipping oils and I highly suggest you try them. For this prosciutto pizza, I used Garlic and Parmesan. Oh, what’s that?! You thought this was a two cheese pizza? Oh baby, this is a three cheese! You’re basically a professional pizza maker now.
But a great pizza is only the first step to a fantastic summer dinner. Having dinner at a gorgeous patio table that’s inviting and full of seasonal colors really sets the mood. I love the bright blues and ocean-inspired art on these plates from Cost Plus World Market for outdoor dining and entertaining! Pair them with a pretty table runner, textured charger, and simple flatware for a table setting you’ll want to sit down to all summer long!
Want more easy pizza recipes?
- Short Rib Naan Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Pear Apricot & Gorgonzola Pizza
- Pesto Pizza
- Taco Pizza
- More dinner ideas…
Find out more about why I love Cost Plus World Market and get all my tips and tricks for Summer Entertaining with Real Housemoms on the Cost Plus World Market blog.
Shop this post!
- Blue Melamine Dinner Plates
- Blue Lantern
- Sawyer Flatware Collection
- Blue Rocco Glasses
- Jadeite Macrame Runner
- Natural Fiber Round Placemat
- Blue Dotted Napkins
- White Washed Wood Carved Footed Tray
- Blue Melamine Salad Plates
Fig & Prosciutto Pizza
Lighten up dinner with this easy, gourmet Fig & Prosciutto Pizza! Ready in about 20 minutes on the grill or in the oven, it's perfect for summer!
- 1 medium sweet onion peeled & sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 thin-crust pizza crust (pre-made)
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fig spread
- 2 tablespoons garlic Parmesan dipping oil
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 tablespoons balsamic reduction
In a small frying pan, combine sliced onion, butter, water, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper over medium heat. Leave onions to cook as you prep the rest of the pizza.
Combine Ricotta, Fig Spread, and Garlic Parmesan Dipping Oil then spread onto crust in a thin layer.
Lightly sprinkle with baby arugula, followed by a light sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. Top the pizza with slices of prosciutto.
Now, turn the heat for the onions up to high and let them continue to cook until they are slightly browned.
Top pizza with the onions and lightly cover with one more sprinkling of mozzarella cheese.
Grill or bake your pizza over high heat (450F degrees or higher) for 6 minutes.
Top hot pizza with more baby arugula and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Cut into 8 slices and serve immediately!
You can use 4 to 6 tablespoons of balsamic reduction. I like to add a lot, but flavor your pizza to taste.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!