This Short Rib Naan Pizza is an easy dinner recipe made with tender beef short ribs, a creamy béchamel, and a crisp naan crust!
So, Braised Short Ribs are kinda my jam. I LOVE them. Braised short ribs are fork tender, juicy pieces of beef that have been slow cooked for hours to develop a rich deep flavor…and to fill your house with a heavenly scent that will bring your kids running to see what you’re making for dinner. Since they take awhile to cook when I do find time to make them I make a big batch. They only get better after they sit for a day or two! Recently I made some and with the last little bit of short rib meat, I made this amazing Short Rib Naan Pizza.
SHORT RIB NAAN PIZZA
Like it? Pin this post to your DINNER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Guys, I don’t even know how to put into words how out of this world delicious this pizza was. I mean I had just made a Balsamic Glazed Chicken Pizza a few days before and it was awesome but this Short Rib Naan Pizza was the bomb.com! I started with a light, fluffy piece of naan. For those of you who haven’t had it before naan is an oven roasted flatbread and it turns out that it works perfectly as a pizza crust. On top of that naan went a creamy, cheesy béchamel sauce. Béchamel is a white sauce made from a roux of butter, flour and milk. To that, I added mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and what I ended up with was this rich cheesy sauce that went directly on the flatbread to act as both the cheese and the sauce. I sauteed some red onions with a little bit of brown sugar to bring out their sweetness and then they went on the pizza along with the shredded beef short ribs. The pizza went straight into the oven where I cooked it for about 10 minutes, or until the naan started to crisp.
When it came out of the oven it was all I could do to keep myself from digging right in. I could have, the pizza was amazing just like that, but to take it up another notch I added a little bit of crumbled goat cheese and some fresh arugula. That put it over the top. I can hands down say this is the best pizza I’ve ever had!
The next time you make braised short ribs (and if you haven’t you need to!) make sure to set a few pieces to the side and give this recipe a try. I promise you’re going to love it.
Want more pizza recipes?
- Cheeseburger Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Grilled Bacon & Bleu Cheese Pizza
- Pesto Pizza
- Taco Pizza
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Short Rib Naan Pizza recipe
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Medium Saucepan: I don’t what I’d do without this saucepan. It gets used in my kitchen every day. The glass lid even has strainer sides so I need a colander for pasta!
- 1 cup Bechamel
- 4 Naan
- 4 Braised Short Ribs shredded
- 1 cup Red Onion
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 8 oz. Goat Cheese Crumble
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 quart Whole milk
- 1/4 lb Butter unsalted
- 1/4 lb All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- In a skillet saute the red onions with the brown sugar until the onions are soft and slightly browned.
- Add 1/4 a cup of béchamel to each piece of naan. (recipe below)
- Evenly divide the short ribs meat and onions between the naan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes or until naan begins to brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and top with goat cheese crumble and arugula.
- In a pot bring the milk to a slow simmer.
- In a second pot add the butter and melt it over a medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is melted add flour and stir to make the roux.
- While whisking slowly add the milk to the roux.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan continuing to stir until it the mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from heat.