Cheeseburger Pizza is an easy appetizer or meal solution that everyone in the family will love! The only question is… what do you like on your burger?
On busy weeknights, I am always hard-pressed to find satisfying and quick meals. I also have this “thing” about using everything in the fridge. This generally means needing to get creative. In order to use up all of these odds and ends, I keep frozen flatbreads and pizza crusts on hand at all times! They cook in under 15 minutes and stay good in the freezer for up to a year. You can literally throw anything on them!
No matter what is in the fridge, all you need is a handful of cheese and some leftovers, and POOF you have dinner! Cheeseburger Pizza is no exception. You can either use a small amount of ground beef, leftover taco meat (Taco Hamburger Pizza), or even a small amount of chili (Chili Cheeseburger Pizza). Serve them by the slice with a nice green salad for dinner, or cut them into smaller squares to serve as an appetizer.
Now just ask yourself what you like on your burger! I made mine with sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayonnaise. Clearly any of these could easily be omitted based on preference. Like Swiss and pickles? Throw some Swiss and relish on your Cheeseburger Pizza!
The other thing that keeps it interesting is using both hot and cold ingredients. Bake your Cheeseburger Pizza to get the cheese all ooey and gooey, but then also top it with cool, fresh produce for some crunch and variation.
- 12 inch flatbread or pizza crust
- ½ cup desired cheese
- ½ pound ground beef taco meat or chili, cooked and drained
- ¼ cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup lettuce chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Preheat oven according to package directions for flatbread or pizza crust.
- Spread cheese evenly over crust, topped by cooked ground beef and bacon.
- Cook according to package directions.
- While still hot, top with tomatoes, lettuce and red onion (or other desired condiments and toppings). Finish with mayonnaise! To get the fun swirl or to make your own design, put mayo in an airtight plastic bag and snip the corner, resulting in a makeshift piping bag.
- Cut into slices or squares and enjoy!