Classic blueberry waffles with a protein boost twist! These Blueberry Vanilla Protein Waffles are the perfect way to start a day!
Did you guys know that the brain needs protein to function properly? Yep! Protein is what gives the brain those amino acids and other building blocks needed to form neuro-pathways. Now, I am not trying to get too scientific on you or anything, but the thing is, I know my kids need a protein-filled breakfast to help with learning and behavior, and sometimes that is hard to do. Especially with my youngest son, who loves cereal, pancakes, and waffles, and won’t touch eggs, breakfast casseroles, etc.
This is my solution. It is waffles, but they are packed with protein, so they are ideal for the kid who loves pancakes or waffles, but that needs a protein boost. But don’t worry these aren’t just for kids. I love them, and find them to be a great late-night snack when I am craving something sweet! Sometimes I make a big batch of them and put them in the freezer for a quick grab snack on the go.
So whether you want a more protein-packed breakfast, a delicious post-workout snack, or a secretly healthy way to get some extra protein into your kids, these waffles are definitely the solution for you. I make them in tons of different flavors, and even add different syrups and toppings to keep things fresh.
- 7 egg whites
- 1 tsp Stevia
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ cup oats ground into flour
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Turn waffle iron on so it can heat
- Beat 7 egg whites in a mixer on high for about a minute
- Grind oats in a blender until they are a flour
- Add oat flour, Stevia, and Vanilla Protein Powder to the mixer
- Mix for 2 minutes
- Fold in Blueberryes
- Pour approximately ½ cup batter into sprayed waffle iron
- Cook 4-6 minutes until puffy and desired crispiness is reached.
Check out these other protein waffles:
Or these Protein waffles with a Butterscotch Coconut Syrup