Grilled Veggie Kabobs are the perfect side dish for all of your grilled meals! We love them on Meatless Monday too!
When the temperatures are high you do not want to worry about making any part of your meal inside. It heats up the house and makes it unbearable, at least here with the humidity. Most days when it’s too hot to do anything, we always like to prepare all parts of our meal on the grill, including side dishes.
That’s where these incredibly easy and tasty grilled veggie kababs come into play. They are great for when you have guests for a summer cook-out or even for just the family. They can even be fun to make, that’s if your guests like to help!
Having friends come over? No problem! Crack open a bottle of wine and chit-chat with your friends while skewing the veggies onto the kabobs.
For the seasoning, I like to use a small ramekin and mix everything in one bowl, then baste the seasonings onto the kabobs. Easy, peasy and hardly any mess!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 zucchini quartered & sliced
- 1 squash quartered & sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup red onion rough chopped
- 1 green bell pepper rough chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your wooden kabob skewers by soaking in water for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk together olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, basil, and thyme in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Skewer your veggies onto the kabob skewers, then baste the seasonings on all sides using a pastry brush. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare your grill according to the manufacturer instructions. Place the kabobs onto the grill when there is no flame. Grill on each side for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.