These sweet LUCK OF THE IRISH SHOTS are sure to pack a punch! Perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, or any time you’re in the mood for a chocolate & mint drink!
Are you doing something fun for St. Patty’s Day? Maybe getting together with family and friends or perhaps having a fun girls get-together? These Luck of the Irish Shots are the perfect libation to get the party started. These creamy, chocolate mint shots are definitely sweet, but don’t let the pretty layered look fool you – they are sure to pack a punch!
These fun dessert shots are easy to make, by layering three different liqueurs in shot, aperitif, or small rocks glasses. You’ll start with the Creme de Menthe at the bottom, then add the Creme de Cocoa, which will eventually sink to the bottom. Then, top with the Irish cream, which will slowly sink as well, creating this cool green layered shot.
Top these shots with a bit of whipped cream and garnish with a chocolate mint! These shots are the perfect way to get the party started. They would also make a great after-dinner or dessert drink or a great libation to accompany a rich, chocolaty dessert!
I hope these shots inspire you to do something fun this St. Patty’s Day! Circle up the friends and give a toast! Here’s hoping the Luck of the Irish is with you all year long!
- 1/2 oz. Irish Cream liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Creme de Cocoa liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Creme de Menthe liqueur
- Whipped Cream and Chocolate Mints for toppings
- In a large shot glass or small rocks glass, add 1/2 oz. of the Creme de Menthe liqueur at the bottom of the glass (or 1/3 full). Then add the Creme de Cocoa and top with the Irish Cream liqueur.
- If desired, top the shot with whipped cream and a chocolate mint for garnish. Enjoy right away.
If you liked this yummy cocktail, be sure to try these fantastic drinks and cocktails: