My love of sweet potatoes goes all the way back to when I was just a babe. I highly preferred the mashed up orange vegetables over pureed peas so I developed hypercarotenemia. Yep! My skin turned so orange I could have been a pumpkin for my first Halloween. It’s not dangerous or anything… just tacky looking and a good indicator that one should add some variety to one’s diet.
After making these delicious sweet potato wedges I might experience another case of hypercarotenemia just in time for the 31st! Seriously, so addicting!!! I think I ate two sweet potatoes worth in one day.
You are going to love the spicy seasoning with the sweetness of the potato. And then there’s the refreshing dip that is made with Greek yogurt. Go right ahead and dunk away with this high protein, low-fat dip. No guilt eating these tasty and healthy sweet potato wedges!
For the Wedges:
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes sliced into wedges (8-12 wedges per potato)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
For the Wedges:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place potatoes wedges in a bowl and toss with the oil.
- Combine the salt, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin together in a small bowl and then sprinkle over the wedges. Toss until evenly coated.
- Arrange wedges on a large baking sheet with the skin side down. Bake for 20-30 minutes until fork tender (timing will depend on how thick you cut your wedges).
- Serve along with Honey Lime Dip.
For the Dip:
- Mix all dip ingredients together until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.