These Pepperoni Pizza Puffs are the perfect cheesy finger food for your next party! Made with just 4 simple ingredients, these easy puff pastry appetizers come together in moments!
At our house, there is pretty much always a game on, no matter what the season. With fall in full swing, it’s prime home-gating season watching college and pro football games with friends. My guys are all about game time food and these Pepperoni Pizza Puffs are the perfect bites so they don’t miss a single play.
PEPPERONI PIZZA PUFFS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Made with just 4 simple ingredients, these easy appetizers come together quickly. Here are the simple steps to making these fantastic Pepperoni Pizza Puffs.
- Cut Puff Pastry into Squares and Add Sauce – You’ll start with a box of frozen puff pastry dough, that has come to room temperature. Be sure to reference the package directions for specific thawing times. Lay out each sheet of puff pastry and cut into 9 equal squares like a hashtag or tic-tac-toe. Place each square of dough into a cupcake pan that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Lightly press down on each square to form a cup with the dough. The puff pastry is quite easy to work with, as it slices well, and forms easily. When the dough is baked, it puffs up and creates the perfect flaky mini-pizza crust. Add about a half tablespoon of pizza sauce to each piece of pastry. Basically, just enough sauce to coat the bottom of each cup.
- Add Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – To each puff, you’ll add about one tablespoon of cheese, or just enough to cover the sauce. Once these cups bake, the cheese will melt wonderfully with the sauce and pepperoni, taking on the same taste and texture of pepperoni pizza.
- Add Pepperoni and More Cheese – To each cup, you’ll then add about 5-6 slices of pepperoni. Instead of stacking the pepperoni in the center of each cup, I lined the sides of the pastry with the pepperoni slices. Not only does it look nice, but as the puffs bake, the pepperoni will toast up nicely. Add additional shredded mozzarella cheese to the center of each puff, for a bit more cheesy goodness.
- Bake and Eat – Now that the pepperoni pizza puffs are assembled, bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. The puff pastry will rise and become golden brown, and the cheese and pepperoni will melt together forming the perfect pizza bite!
Want more pizza inspired recipes?
- Pizza Pasta Bake
- Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Pepeproni Pizza Potato Skins
- Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- Slow Cooker Pizza Sloppy Joes
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Pepperoni Pizza Puffs recipe
Muffin Tin: Muffin tins are great for all kind of baked goods! I use mine for muffins, cupcakes, appetizers, and egg cups!
- 1 (17.3 oz. box) Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1/2 c. pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 oz. pkg.) sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray muffin tin cups with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- Thaw puff pastry sheets according to package directions. Unfold, and cut sheets into 9 equal squares (like a hashtag). Place each dough square into a cup of the sprayed cupcake pan, and press down slightly.
- Add about a half tablespoon of pizza sauce to each cup, or enough to cover the bottom of each pastry. Next, add about 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese to each cup. Then, add about 5-6 pepperoni slices to each cup. Lastly, top with additional mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pizza puffs for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Puffs will be golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
If you loved this easy pepperoni appetizer, be sure to check out some of Erin’s other game-day appetizers, like these: