Packed with big pizza flavor, these tiny Pepperoni Pizza Puffs are perfect for a weekend snack or your next party!
Cheesy, flakey, saucy Pepperoni Pizza Puffs are the perfect appetizer for pizza lovers. Simple puff pasty, pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni come together in just 30 minutes to create this snackable version of everyone’s favorite party food.
PERFECTLY POPPABLE PIZZA
These flakey, delicious little bites will tackle any pizza craving without having to fork over a delivery fee! These homemade pizza bites are the ultimate party appetizer.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH PEPPERONI PIZZA BITES
- Mini Bean Dip Cups – These tiny bean dip cups are strikingly similar to Pepperoni Pizza Bites and equally delicious!
- Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls – Take all your favorite fast food indulgences and put them on one awesome appetizer table!
- Warm Chorizo Beer Cheese Dip – What’s a pizza puff without a beer cheese dip?
Puff Pastry: You’ll need one package of frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed out and ready to use.
Pizza Sauce: Feel free to use jarred or make your own Best Ever Pizza Sauce!
Cheese: No pizza is complete without loads of melty, shredded mozzarella!
Pepperoni: You use an 8-ounce pack of sliced pepperoni.
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERONI PIZZA PUFFS
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F and thawing puff pastry sheets according to the package directions. Slightly spray each muffin cup with non-stick spray and set them aside. Once the puff pastry is thawed, unfold it and cut it into 9 equal squares.
STEP TWO: Continue by placing each dough square into each sprayed cup in the muffin pan and pressing it down slightly. Add about a half of a tablespoon of pizza sauce to each cup, or enough to coat the bottom of each pastry. Next, add a tablespoon of shredded cheese to each cup.
STEP THREE: Finally, add 5-6 pepperoni slices to each cup and top them with additional mozzarella cheese.
STEP FOUR: Bake Pepperoni Pizza Puffs for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pizza cups from the oven and allow them to cool before serving.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Cut your puff pastry into 9 equal squares by cutting it like a hashtag “#”
- When spraying the muffin tins, be sure to get a good coating of cooking spray around the bottom and all the edges.
- I like to add some chopped chives, parsley, or basil on top for color when I make these puffs for a crowd, but our boys prefer them as is.
HOW TO REHEAT LEFTOVER PIZZA PUFFS
I usually throw leftover Pepperoni Pizza Puffs into an airtight container and keep them in the fridge. When I’m ready to reheat them, I throw them back in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melty again. You can also reheat these in the air fryer.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PEPPERONI PIZZA PUFFS
Sometimes I’ll throw together a make-shift lunch with these pizza puffs to save time when I have people over. To turn it into more of a meal, I’ll usually serve it up with some green like an Easy BLT Salad, Avocado Fries, or Air Fryer Green Beans. If you don’t mind a few carbs, a Lighter Cheesy Pasta Bake is a great side dish too!
OTHER PIZZA INSPIRED RECIPES
- Pizza Pasta Bake
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins
- Slow Cooker Pizza Sloppy Joes
*This post was originally posted on 11/19/2017
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed (one 17.3-ounce box)
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray the muffin tin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into 9 equal squares (like a hashtag #) to make a total of 18 pieces. Place each dough square into a muffin tin cup, and press down slightly to mold it to the cup.
- Add about 1/2 tablespoon of pizza sauce to each cup – enough to cover the bottom of each pastry. Next, add 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese to each cup. Then, add about 5-6 pepperoni slices on top of the cheese before adding even more cheese on top.
- Bake the pizza puffs for 20 minutes unilt the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.