This simple and moist Pumpkin Pie Angel Food Cake is topped with a creamy homemade cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
If there is any seasonal flavor that I look forward to most when fall is on the horizon, it is pumpkin. Yes, I am that “give me all the pumpkin things” person. Give me pumpkin anything even when it is not fall. My pumpkin cravings know no seasonal boundaries.
But as the kids head back to school, and the air becomes a little crisper, and the leaves slowly start to change colors, I know that the rest of the world is ready for the season of pumpkin. And my friends, pumpkin season is indeed here. Let the delicious pumpkin spiced bombardment begin, starting with this simple yet perfect Pumpkin Pie Angel Food Cake.
For the cake
- 1 box of angel food cake mix
- 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the angel food cake mix and the pumpkin pie spice. Then stir in the pumpkin puree until well combined. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges of the cake are slightly golden brown and the centers springs back to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
For the frosting
- Once the cake has cooled, prepare your frosting.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese until well combined and fluffy. Add in the vanilla. Slowly beat in the powdered sugared and then the cinnamon. Continue to beat until everything is well incorporated and the frosting is fluffy.
- You can either cut the cake into bars and then prettily pipe the frosting on each one or simply spread the frosting over the entire cake.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!