Mini Bean Dip Cups are a snackable treat that’s easy to make and always flies off the platter! Top them with your favorite toppings & enjoy!
Oven-baked mini bean dip cups are seriously one of my favorite appetizers to eat and to serve. These individual snack-sized bites are super customizable and great to serve taco bar style where everyone can build their own. Just serve these next to a bowl of tortilla chips and some homemade pico de gallo and get back to enjoying your fiesta!
The Perfect All-in-One Appetizer
One of my favorite snack foods is 7 layer dip! I love all of the layers equally, but my family tends to have more specific dip criteria than I do. That is why I absolutely love these 7 layer bean dip cups! Everyone can build their own perfect bite and, with the “chip” already built-in, there is no trash and no cleanup!
My Family’s Favorite Bites to Serve with Bean Dip Cups
- Chicken Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels – These little guy FLY off the platter. I always keep backups in the fridge ready to slice. The cream cheese, jalapeno, and chicken combo go great with these bean dip cups.
- Sopapilla Cheesecake – This cheesecake is amazing and crazy easy to make. It’s acutally even better the next day. I cut it into mini square (instead of the usualy bigger slices) and pop them on a platter next to these other yummy finger foods.
Wonton Wrappers – Most grocery stores and major retailers will carry wonton wrappers. They are usually hiding in the refrigerated area of the produce section, but locations can vary from store to store. If you are having trouble locating them, just ask the nearest employee.
Bean Dip – We’re making our own semi-homemade bean dip for this appetizer. Gussy up some refried beans with super easy homemade salsa, onions, and cheese and you’re in business!
Toppings – Sour cream, fresh tomato, avocado, cheese, and salsa are my ideal toppings. I feel like those toppings really round out my 7 layer dip fantasies. There are plenty of variations you could implement here though.
HOW TO MAKE MINI BEAN DIP CUPS
STEP ONE: Start making the bean dip by adding some olive oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook the chopped onions for 2-3 minutes. Add a can of refried beans to the saucepan and stir to incorporate the onions.
STEP TWO: Add the easy blender salsa and shredded Mexican blend cheese to the beans. Stir until the cheese is melted and the bean dip is smooth. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
STEP THREE: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin and place one wonton wrapper into each muffin cup. Then fill each wonton wrapper with about 1 tablespoon of bean dip and place the muffin tin in the oven for 5 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Remove the tin from the oven and sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the bean dip in each wonton cup. Bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the wonton wrappers are golden and crispy. Place the bean dip cups onto a serving dish and top them with sour cream, tomatoes, and avocado chunks.
Tips for Success
- If you want a little more structure to the wonton cups, use two wontons instead of one in each mufifn tin cup. Arrange the wontons so they are offset (the corners don’t line up) before placing them into the muffin tin. It looks pretty too.
- I like to add a little extra salsa on top of the bean dip cups too, but you can add whichever toppings you like. Sometimes I substitute homemade guacamole for avocado chunks, add sliced black olives and green onions, or swap out greek yogurt for sour cream. You may even top these bite-sized cups with nacho cheese instead of shredded cheddar cheese. You really can’t go wrong!
- This bean dip is SO good! I serve alone all the time with tortilla chips for my family or when wh have friends over for football.
How long can homemade bean dip stay in the fridge?
This dip will keep for about 3-4 days in an air-tight container in the fridge.
If you want to serve it warm, just put some in a bowl and heat it up in the microwave or on the stovetop over medium-low heat.
TRY THESE OTHER CRAZY GOOD APPETIZERS
*This post originally posted on 05/02/203.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour olive oil into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the refried beans, salsa, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the bean dip is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Press 1 wonton wrapper down into each muffin tin cup.
- Fill each wonton with about 1 Tablespoon of bean dip.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Then remove the muffin tins from the oven and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese on top of bean dip in each cup.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and wontons are golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Place bean dip cups on a serving dish. Serve as is or top with sour cream, diced tomato, diced avocado, and more salsa. Serve warm.