The perfect little nacho bite for every football party and home-gating event! Barbecue beef, beans, cheese, and plenty of Pico de Gallo make these COWBOY NACHO BITES a fantastic appetizer everyone will love!
While talking with a few friends a while back, I asked them their favorite food to eat while watching football. A certain food was mentioned by everyone, and that was nachos! Nachos can be made in a multitude of ways, and served with about as many ingredients as the chip you’re serving them on can handle. These Cowboy Nacho Bites are a simple nacho appetizer, that’s made with ingredients that go hand in hand with watching football!
A fun trick I’ve discovered is making these nachos using a mini-muffin pan. It’s a great way to keep all of the ingredients in one chip without spilling over. It also ensures that every bite has the perfect amount of ingredients! You’ll start by adding both black and pinto beans into the bottom of a scoop-type chip. Then, top with the barbecue beef, and your choice of Mexican blend cheese. Pop a pan of these in the oven for about 10 minutes, and you’ll have 24 little nacho bites, perfect for enjoying the game.
Once these cheesy nacho bites come out of the oven, top with fresh, delicious Pico de Gallo salsa. The Pico adds a nice freshness to the meaty, cheesy nacho bites. I like to transfer the nacho bites to a board, plate, or platter so they can be enjoyed right away. Often times these nachos go so fast, I end up making a second batch, which comes together in no time!
- 24 scoop-type tortilla chips
- 1 cup barbecue beef store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 c. black beans
- 1/2 c. pinto beans
- 3/4 c. Mexican blend cheese shredded
- 3/4 c. Pico de gallo salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mini-muffin tin, add a scoop chip to each muffin cavity. Add 3-4 of the black beans, and about 3-4 of the pinto beans to each chip. Add about 1/2 Tbsp (or whatever will fit on the chip.) Top with a sprinkling of the shredded cheese.
- Place the pan of nachos in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the oven, and serve while still hot. Top with fresh Pico de Gallo salsa, if desired.
Make your own Pico de Gallo Salsa !