An easy to make, flavorful, and POURABLE NACHO CHEESE SAUCE you can make ahead and reheat!
With football season in full swing and lots of holiday parties and gatherings heading our way, I knew I needed to get my appetizer game on point.
Earlier this year I made a Chipotle Four Cheese Sauce that was pourable and ate it on pretty much everything. I even dipped pizza into it. It was that mouthwateringly good, and I love, love, loved it!
But my kids are not as into chipotle as I am, so I figured a great way to get my party appetizers up to par and please the little munchkins would be to create a pourable nacho cheese sans chipotle. So that is just what I did.
Then I grabbed a big old bowl of chips and poured on the cheese. I also grabbed some pico and jalapenos to add to the top because I just love all the extras!
How amazing is that? And this cheese had been sitting for like 15 minutes because I had to get my lighting and camera all set up to get a photo. It took real will-power for me not to dig in! But you can see it pours great, even after sitting for a while. If you want a runnier, smoother, pour, then heat it up a little, or serve right away.
Hopefully, when you are making it you won’t have to wait a whole long time. But really, one of the things I love most about this cheese sauce is that it reheats like a dream. You could make it in advance, you could even freeze it, and then just heat it up the day you want to serve it.
If a little skin forms on top, just give it a stir!
- Grate cheeses and mix with the corn starch. If using a pre-grated cheese, reduce cornstarch to half.
- Put cheese and cornstarch mix, evaporated milk, chopped jalapeno, hot sauce/cayenne, and seasonings in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Whisk cheese mixture while heating, it will slowly loosen up, and stop clumping, and eventually, it will be pourable. Approximately 10 minutes of stir time.
- Taste, add salt, and adjust seasonings to your preference
- Remove from heat, and pour onto chips, or into a bowl for dipping
If making ahead of time, just reheat before serving, either in a pan on the stove top or in the microwave.
Be sure to check out this Roasted Poblano cheese sauce for another awesome cheese sauce recipe: