Chicken Artichoke Bites are filled with chicken, artichoke hearts, spinach, cheese and bacon. All served in a flaky phyllo cup.
I have a confession to make, I love finger food. Anything small and bite-sized is irresistible to me. I think part of it is the presentation, serving food in shot glasses, ramekins, or on spoons just looks so sophisticated. The other part is that it means I get to taste lots of different things without overdoing it. OK, ok, that’s the *theory*…like I said I love finger foods.
Real Housemoms TV
These chicken artichoke bites are made of cheesy, artichoke-y, bacon-y goodness, served in a flaky phyllo cup. The recipe is simple, you just cook and shred your chicken, mix it with all of the other ingredients, then put it in phyllo cups to bake. We even have a tip for you to save you some time. To shred your chicken simply put the boiled chicken breasts in your mixer with the bread hook attachment. Turn it on and in minutes all of your chicken will be perfectly shredded!
The best thing about these chicken artichoke bites is that they not only taste great you can make them ahead of time! To make it the day before, just mix up the chicken artichoke mixture and then wrap it up and put it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to bake take the filling out , stuff the phyllo cups, and bake. If you want to make them further in advance you can stuff the phyllo cups with the chicken mixture and then freeze them. When you are ready to use them just pop them in the oven and cook for slightly longer (10 -15 minutes).
- 45 Phyllo Cups
- 1 c chicken cooked and shredded
- 6 strips bacon cooked and chopped (set aside 3 for topping)
- 7 oz. quartered artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 c fresh spinach chopped
- 1/4 c mayo
- 2 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 c smoked Gouda shredded
- 1/2 c Havarti shredded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat to 350F
- Boil chicken until cooked through.
- Shred chicken in mixer with bread hook.
- Add softened cream cheese to chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Add all remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly
- Fill each phyllo cup with the chicken mixture (about 2 teaspoons).
- Bake for 5-8 minutes.
- Tip: If you are making this the day before do not stuff the phyllo cups ahead of time. Cover the chicken mixture and place it in the refrigerator until needed. If you want to make all of it in advance you can stuff the phyllo cups and freeze them with the mixture in them. When you are ready to serve bake them for slightly longer (10-15 minutes).
If you liked this recipe you might also enjoy:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!