ARTICHOKE CROSTINI is a party-ready bite that everyone will keep coming back for!
Holiday season means party season! I actually love hosting parties. I don’t love cleaning my house part of hosting a party, but I love entertaining. I enjoy cooking, baking, and serving food my guests will hopefully love. I try and serve things that I love but in a different way. One of the things I love (and can’t stay away from) at a party is artichoke dip, and these artichoke crostini combine my love of party food and artichoke dip!
You could make this recipe and bake it (without the crostini) in a baking dish and serve it as a dip. But I wanted to skip the step of my guests having to spoon the dip onto their plate and try and spread it on the crostini themselves. I wanted to serve more of a finger food/grab and go kind of appetizer. Once the crostini are toasted, I spread the artichoke dip onto the crostini and place them back in the oven under the broiler to warm the artichokes and parmesan.
Appetizers/finger foods are my favorite for serving when entertaining. Everyone gets to try a little of everything. And eating with your hands can be such fun! 🙂 I know your New Year’s Party guests will love this artichoke crostini recipe. Are you hosting this year?
- 8 oz block cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 28 oz artichoke hearts - chopped 2 -14oz cans
- 3 green onions - diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 french baguette loaves
- Using a hand mixer, mix together cream cheese and mayo until smooth.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, green onions, salt, pepper and sugar until all combined.
- Slice french bread and place slices on a cookie sheet.
- Turn oven on to Broil.
- Place bread under broil for about 2 minutes or until they start to brown around edges.
- Remove from oven and turn all bread over and place back under broiler for another minute or two.
- Remove and spread each slice of bread with artichoke mixture and top with parmesan cheese.
- Place under broiler to warm and melt cheese.
- Serve warm.
These mini cheese balls are another favorite appetizer of mine.