I LOVE Mexican food!!! I’ve been lucky to live in California and Arizona for the past 15 years and have had access to some amazing Mexican food. I love it all; burritos, tacos, carne asada, salsa, guacamole, margaritas, margaritas and oh yeah margaritas!!! There are so many fantastic flavors and some really easy and budget friendly dishes that it has a very special place in my heart and my menu plan. 🙂
This salsa is a staple snack in my house. My kids and husband love it. I’ve been making this recipe about once a week for over a year. Fresh homemade salsa is light years above the store bought jar salsa that most of us buy. It’s so cheap to make and so fast. Your family will be impressed when you pull this out for a gathering, afternoon snack or to go with your tacos. Most of the ingredients are probably in your pantry already so once you buy your Rotel and cilantro you’ve only spent $2.50 for a weeks worth of snacking! Let me say quickly that even if you don’t like cilantro but you love salsa give it a try with the cilantro. I have friends that DO NOT like cilantro but love this salsa. It’s blended up and really makes the salsa. So make up a batch and celebrate Cinco de Mayo with some chips and homemade salsa!
- 2 10 oz cans of Rotel Original
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 t salt
- 1 t ground pepper
- 1 t cumin
- 1 T honey
- dump cans of Rotel into blender
- tear off the top of your cilantro bunch (some stems are OK but not the thick of the stem)
- chop 1/2 of onion into 4 and add to blender
- add remaining ingredients into blender
- blend until liquid
- ***If you're not sure about the heat don't add in the jalapeno until you've tasted. You can then add until you reach the desired amount of heat. There is some heat in the Rotel.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!