Tequila Blackberry Hard Lemonade is the perfect drink for relaxing this summer. You can make a big batch in advance or serve ’em up to order!
Since moving to Oregon, I’ve been using a lot of the fresh fruits that grow around our house, and blackberries are some of my FAVORITES. This Tequila Blackberry Lemonade is a great hard lemonade recipe for a party or to whip up on your beach trip. Same goes for this Boozy Frozen Peach Lemonade!
This is a great hard lemonade recipe because you can make a ton in advance and pre-portion it into mason jars! Much like sangria, the longer the fruit sit in the alcohol, the more they absorb, so this is a great make-ahead drink. Mix everything up without the ice or garnish and you’re ready for party time!
TEQUILA BLACKBERRY LEMONADE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINK pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
This Tequila Blackberry Lemonade is the best, most refreshing drink. It’s made with fresh fruit growing by my house and I almost always have the other 3 ingredients in my pantry! My summer runs are filled with blackberry picking, so get ready for more blackberry recipes!
You can use whatever kind of lemonade you want here! I use traditional lemonade for the added sweetness to contrast with the tangy blackberries, but pink lemonade would also work.
Ingredients for Blackberry Hard Lemonade
- Fresh blackberries
- Silver tequila
- Lemons – both for garnish and for juice!
- Fresh mint – for a little extra garnish and color
Don’t have any blackberries? Try this tequila and lemonade cocktail with strawberries, cherries, or blueberries!
This hard lemonade recipe works well with any berries you may have on hand. Got a little of each? Mix and match and let your guests choose their flavored hard lemonade!
Depending on the lemonade you use, this drink can be a bit tart. You can always add a little squirt of simple syrup to sweeten things up if needed.
This blackberry hard lemonade is the perfect mix of sweet lemonade and tart muddled blackberries. Even though you may not taste it, this blackberry hard lemonade is packed with tequila, so drink responsibly!
How to Make Hard Lemonade
- Start by muddling (or mashing!) about 1/4 cup of blackberries in the bottom of a cocktail glass or mason jar.
- Then, top the blackberries with crushed ice. If you’re prepping your cocktails ahead of time, skip this step for now!
- Now, pour your tequila and lemonade over the blackberries and ice. If you’re not using fresh lemonade here, I recommend a quick squeeze of fresh lemon juice too!
- Garnish with more blackberries, a slice of lemon, and a sprig of fresh mint. No shaking required!
When you’re prepping ahead, skip the ice and garnish and seal each jar so the guests can add ice and garnish as they please!
You can serve these cocktails as is – AKA layered. But to really get that blackberry flavor in every sip, give it a quick stir once everything is in the glass.
Want more poolside cocktail recipes?
- Spiked Strawberry Lemonade
- Peach Lemonade Sangria
- Champagne Lemonade
- Mint Julep Lemonade
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade Punch
- Hard Raspberry Lemonade
- More drink recipes…
Tools used to make this Tequila Blackberry Lemonade recipe
Mason jars: I LOVE these mason jars! I use them for drinks, salad dressings, overnight oats, pudding, and so much more!
Muddler: This is my favorite kitchen tool when it’s cocktail time! This helps me get so much fruity flavor into my drinks with ease.
Measuring cups: These measuring cups are a must-have in every kitchen. They nest into each other for easy storage and are easy to tell apart!
*This post originally posted on 06/25/2014.
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 6 ounces lemonade
- Lemon for garnish and juice
- Fresh mint for garnish
- In the bottom of your cocktail glass or mason jar, muddle blackberries.
- Top with crushed ice.
- Pour tequila and lemonade on top. If not using fresh lemonade, squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice into the drink. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with more blackberries, a slice of lemon, and a sprig of mint if desired. Serve immediately.