This GRILLED HONEY LIME CHICKEN is a super tasty dish that really kicks up the flavor of plain old grilled chicken. The honey and lime flavors mixed with the cumin and chili powder make this dish perfect for summer!
I know I’m not alone when I say that chicken is a go to meal in our house. We do love it but, let’s be honest, it can get pretty boring. I love that I can have it on the table fairly fast and VERY easily. When I first made this chicken my kids, who are VERY picky when it comes to chicken, told me this was the BEST chicken I’ve ever made.
I think the next time I make this it’ll be a double batch. I had a little leftover so I put it in a salad the next day for lunch and it was fantastic! It really doesn’t take any extra work to make a double batch and I can get so many extra meal out of it. Now I don’t have to worry about chicken being boring anymore. 🙂
- preheat your grill to a medium heat
- pat the chicken breasts dry
- sprinkle the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts
- in a small bowl combine the lime zest, lime juice, honey and chili powder
- place on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes then flip to cook on the other side
- allow to cook another 5 to 6 minutes
- brush both sides of the chicken breast with the honey mixture
- allow to keep cooking until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F