Meatball Parmesan Bites are the perfect appetizer for your next get together. Tender meatballs, infused with garlic, breadcrumbs, and parmesan are smothered in red sauce and topped with mozzarella & basil for a burst of Italian flavor!
When it comes to entertaining, easy and delicious are what you want, right? A necessity if you ask me! Then you have to try these tasty Meatball Parmesan Bites! Tender meatballs, infused with garlic, breadcrumbs, and parmesan, smothered in Italian red sauce and topped with melted mozzarella and fresh basil. These bite-sized appetizers are incredibly yummy and work for just about any occasion.
MEATBALL PARMESAN BITES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
With New Year’s Eve right around the corner, I’m getting my menu ready and these Meatball Parm Bites are definitely on the list. And chocolate fondue of course – that’s a family tradition! We host a few friends and their kids and meatballs are just one of those things everyone enjoys. Who doesn’t love meat on a stick especially when it’s topped with cheese??
You’re probably thinking the same thing, these are also a great game day food. Yep, perfect for your Super Bowl shin-dig when finger foods and bite-sized snacks are in high demand! They definitely work then as do these 3-ingredient crockpot meatballs.
Ok, let get to making our meatballs. That’s as simple as putting the meat, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, and spices in a large bowl and mixing. Once it’s mixed together, create a meatball the size of a golfball. Cook these in a large skillet with some olive oil until browned on all sides. You can take them out and set aside because now it’s time for the sauce.
Place marinara in a skillet with the garlic slices and remaining parmesan. Once it’s simmering, place your cooked meatballs back in the sauce. Making sure to spoon some over the meatballs so they’re nice and covered. Cover your pan and simmer for about 10 minutes. This is when all the flavors come together to create something amazing!
Finally, top each meatball with a slice of cheese and let melt. Remove from the pan and place a folded basil leaf on top and then insert your toothpick – they’re ready to serve!
Tips for Making the Best Meatball Parmesan Bites
- For ease when entertaining, the meatballs can be made ahead of time and cooked just before you want to serve.
- Whole wheat or regular breadcrumbs will work in this recipe.
- Since the recipe makes 12 meatballs, double if serving a large crowd.
Definitely, add these Meatball Parm Bites to your next gathering. They taste as good as they look! Your guests will be impressed! I guarantee there won’t be any leftovers.
Want more meatball recipes?
- Spicy Chicken Meatballs
- Teriyaki Meatballs
- Peach Reisling Glazed Meatballs
- Thai Coconut Cocktail Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Meatball Parmesan Bites recipe
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 2 c. marinara sauce
- 4 garlic cloves divided
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 mozzarella slices cut into small squares
- Fresh basil leaves for topping
- toothpicks for serving
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and then thinly slice the remaining 2 cloves.
- In a large bowl, ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, basil, minced garlic and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Use your hands to roll into golfball sized balls.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place meatballs in skillet and brown on all sides. When the meatballs have developed a nice crispy crust, remove from the skillet and set aside. Now, over medium heat, pour marinara into the skillet. Stir in sliced garlic and remaining Parmesan. Once it's simmering, place your cooked meatballs back in the sauce. Making sure to spoon some sauce over the meatballs so they're nice and covered. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer meatballs for another 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on each meatball. Cover pan with lid again and heat until the cheese is melted.
- Top each meatball with a folded basil leaf and insert a toothpick to serve.
Leave a Reply