Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball is loaded with everything you would want in the perfect appetizer. It’s sure to be a huge hit at any party!
Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball was inspired by my love of bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers! I have established entire friendships over my love of this flavor combination! Make it a meal and serve up Bacon Wrapped Chicken Jalapeno Poppers!
We’re here today with another great recipe featuring jalapeno & bacon! You really can’t go wrong with that combination, and the only way to make it even better is to add cheese to the mix! So essentially this jalapeno popper cheese ball is about to be the best thing you’ve eaten in a long time.
While I lived in Arizona I developed a true love of all things jalapeno! I will say it all started with jalapeño poppers. Seriously cheese and spice! Yes, please!
If you really want to go out with the bacon jalapeño theme, you could even serve them up with a Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Bloody Mary or my bacon jalapeno cheese bombs!
This easy cheese ball is a delicious appetizer and it’s always a big hit at any party. It fits in seamlessly, no matter the spread you put out. Perfect for summer cookouts, game day with friends, or just a weekend hangout. Give it a try for your next get together and watch it disappear!!!
BACON JALAPENO CHEESE BALL
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
What’s In A Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball?
You won’t need to do any hunting for weird ingredients to make this recipe. This update on a classic cheese ball recipe is made with ingredients that you’ll find in your local grocery store. Make sure not to underestimate these simple ingredients, because once combined together, they make for a cheese ball that is out of this world! To make my bacon jalapeno cheese ball you’ll need;
- Sour cream
- Dry ranch dressing mix
- Cream cheese, at room temperature
- Cheddar cheese that’s been shredded
- Crumbled bacon pieces
- Jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- Chopped pecans for the outside
You can determine how much heat to add to your cheese ball when adding your jalapenos. Most of their heat is found in the seeds and ribs of the peppers.
If you want a mild cheese ball make sure to remove all seeds and ribs. (The white part of the inside of the pepper.) If you want medium I would remove the seeds but leave the ribs and then full heat just add them all in.
The dairy in this recipe keeps the heat down so even my kids can eat it with no seeds or ribs. I think most adults could handle it with a medium level.
I didn’t add any salt and pepper to this recipe because I don’t think it needs it with the bacon and jalapenos. Of course, feel free to make it your own. Try the mixture before you ball it and see what you think.
I also didn’t add any extra green onions, garlic powder or Worcestershire sauce to this recipe. I think with all the fresh ingredients and the ranch dressing mix it’s not necessary.
How To Make Cheese Balls
Cheese balls are always one of those appetizer recipes that are so easy to make, yet look like they’re a sophisticated masterpiece to take your party food up a notch. You’ll make everyone think you spent hours meticulously prepping this dish.
Heres’s how easy it is to make your own cheese ball from scratch.
- Mix the sour cream and ranch dressing mix in a medium bowl until combined.
- Add the jalapeno, cream cheese, bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese, to the bowl. Mix together until thoroughly blended. Be sure to break down the cream cheese so there aren’t any big clumps.
- Chill the cream cheese mixture in the fridge for about 5 minutes to firm things up, then shape the mixture into a ball.
- Place the pecans, 1/4 cup of the bacon, and 1 jalapeno into a shallow bowl or baking sheet, and roll all sides of the cheese ball in the mixture until coated. (I may or may not steal a slice of bacon in this step.)
- You can serve immediately or wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm or ready to serve!
Once you try this easy cream cheese bacon cheese ball recipe you’ll never buy a store-bought cheese ball ever again. It only takes a few minutes to make and saves you so much money. What could be better than saving money, and coming out with a total crowd-pleaser of an appetizer?
All you have to do is pick up a package of your favorite crackers, anything that you can use to spread on and you’ll be good to go. Just don’t forget a good cocktail to go with it, like this watermelon sangria.
How Long Does A Cheese Ball Last?
If you somehow walk away from any party and still have some of this recipe left, I will be shocked, but if it does happen, here’s how long you can safely keep those leftovers in the fridge. Since there are a few highly perishable ingredients in a cheese ball recipe, you’ll only want to keep the leftovers for up to two days. Make sure the cheese ball is properly covered in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container.
Make It A Perfect Party With Even More Appetizer Recipes
- Baked Pepper Jack Cheese Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Bites
- Loaded Potato Skins
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Crispy Fried Green Beans
- More Appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball
Mixing bowls: a good mixing bowl set is vital for any basic cook/baker. I love this set that has a wide variety of sizes, so I always have the perfect dowl for whatever I need to mix together.
Plastic wrap: Using a sheet of plastic wrap helps make the shaping of the cheese ball way less messy. I highly suggest going this route unless you want your hands to be covered in cheese.
Cutting board: You never want to cut anything right on your countertops so I always have my favorite cutting board on hand, for when I need to chop up a few quick ingredients.
* This post originally posted on 05/15/2013.
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix (1 packet)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup cooked bacon pieces crumbled
- 3 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Buttery crackers for serving
- Mix the sour cream and ranch dressing mix in a bowl until combined.
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup bacon, and 2 jalapenos to the bowl. Mix together until thoroughly blended.
- Chill the mixture for 5 minutes, then shape into a ball.
- Place the pecans, 1/4 cup bacon, and 1 jalapeno into a shallow bowl, and roll all sides of the cheese ball in the mixutre until coated.
- Place on a plate and serve immediately with buttery crackers.
Erin Meredith says
I rate this DELICIOUS! However, I made one slight change. I opted for NO NUTS and covered the ball in the remaining Real Bacon bits. If you buy a bag of Hormel real bacon pieces you have enough for the required amount and then plenty to roll the ball in!!! MMMMMM BACON! 🙂