Now that we’re heading into Fall and football season, it’s time for all kinds of party foods. These Crispy Fried Green Beans with Wasabi Mayo are easy to whip up and they are always the first thing to get eaten at parties!
You don’t have to wait until a game day party to have these Crispy Fried Green Beans with Wasabi Mayo, although they’re definitely great for that. I like to serve these at other parties along with corn fritters, or even as a fun side dish! A while back, TGI Friday’s used to have an appetizer on their menu that was my favorite…these green beans! I have no idea if it’s still on their menu or not, but now it doesn’t matter since I can make them whenever I want!
CRISPY FRIED GREEN BEANS WITH WASABI MAYO
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
My recipe uses an easy beer batter that leads to a super crispy and delicate textured green bean. Even if you don’t like beer, you don’t want to swap it out for water, as the carbonation in the beer is what gives the batter such great texture and crispness. If you need to swap the beer out, I would try seltzer water.
My trick to keeping fried foods crispy is to line a baking sheet with paper towels and lay a wire cooling rack on top of that. As you pull batches from the pot or fryer, lay them on the wire rack. The excess grease will drip down onto the paper towels and not let the food become greasy.
No crispy green bean is complete without something to dip it in… and this wasabi mayo is simply amazing. It’s creamy with a kick! I use a wasabi paste from my grocery store, but if you can’t find that, wasabi mustard can usually be found in most grocery stores. If all else fails, these green beans are fantastic with a cool ranch dressing as well.
I hope you guys give these green beans a try… they’re a great addition to any party menu!
Want more green bean recipes?
- Roasted Green Beans with Cremini Mushroom Sauce
- Green Beans with Honey Pecan Butter and Cranberries
- Bacon & Onion Green Beans
- Garlic, Lime & Almond Green Beans
- Cranberry Pecan Green Bean Casserole
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Crispy Fried Green Beans with Wasabi Mayo recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Wasabi Paste: Add some spice to your favorite Asian recipes or dishes!
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- Mix mayo and wasabi paste in a small mixing bowl until combined and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and top with a wire cooling rack. Set aside.
- Heat 1-2 inches of peanut oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot (like a dutch oven), until 375 F degrees.
- Whisk together beer, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne. Dip green beans in batter and fry in batches, a few minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Remove green beans and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Serve and enjoy.