Homemade meatballs, spinach, and lots of mozzarella cheese wrapped up in a ready made pizza dough and baked to crispy golden deliciousness! Meatball Pizza Bread is an easy-to-make recipe everyone will love!
This Meatball Pizza Bread recipe is a twist on a Pepperoni Bread recipe I saw on allrecipes. I was looking for something to use up my leftover Easy Meatballs and Slow Cooker Red Sauce when this idea hit me. I like to take leftovers and make them unrecognizable in a good way :), and this recipe definitely made good use of my leftovers. I also added spinach to this kid-friendly recipe to sneak in those healthy greens. The kids will never know it’s in there!
To make this deliciousness, roll the pizza dough into a rectangle about 10″x 18″ and brush all over with beaten egg. I use fresh pizza dough I pick up at my grocery store. If your store doesn’t offer it, I recommend using frozen bread dough (thawed) such as Bridgford Ready-Dough.
Real Housemoms TV
Top the dough with sliced meatballs, fresh spinach, cheese, and Italian seasoning…
Roll it up jelly roll style and pinch seams to seal…
Place onto a parchment lined or greased baking sheet and brush with beaten egg…
Bake until golden and serve with Slow Cooker Red Sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 1 pound pizza dough (I buy ready made in my grocer's bakery, but frozen or homemade dough works great too!)
- 1 egg beaten
- about 10 of my <a title="Easy Meatballs | by Life Tastes Good" href="http://www.ourlifetastesgood.blogspot.com/2012/03/meatballs.html" target="_blank" data-mce-href="http://www.ourlifetastesgood.blogspot.com/2012/03/meatballs.html">Easy Meatballs</a> sliced
- 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Roll pizza dough into a rectangle about 10"x18" and brush with beaten egg all over.
- Top with sliced meatballs, 1-2 cups spinach, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning on top.
- Starting on the long side, roll up the dough like a jelly roll and pinch all seams to seal. Place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet, and brush the outside with the remaining beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and serve with <a title="Red Sauce | by Life Tastes Good" href="http://ourlifetastesgood.blogspot.com/2012/03/red-sauce.html" target="_blank" data-mce-href="http://ourlifetastesgood.blogspot.com/2012/03/red-sauce.html">Slow Cooker Red Sauce</a>. Enjoy!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!