Homemade meatballs, spinach, and lots of mozzarella cheese wrapped up in a ready made pizza dough and baked to crispy golden deliciousness! Meatball Pizza Bread is an easy-to-make recipe everyone will love!
This Meatball Pizza Bread recipe is a twist on a Pepperoni Bread recipe I saw on allrecipes. I was looking for something to use up my leftover Easy Meatballs and Slow Cooker Red Sauce when this idea hit me. I like to take leftovers and make them unrecognizable in a good way :), and this recipe definitely made good use of my leftovers. I also added spinach to this kid-friendly recipe to sneak in those healthy greens. The kids will never know it’s in there!
To make this deliciousness, roll the pizza dough into a rectangle about 10″x 18″ and brush all over with beaten egg. I use fresh pizza dough I pick up at my grocery store. If your store doesn’t offer it, I recommend using frozen bread dough (thawed) such as Bridgford Ready-Dough.
Top the dough with sliced meatballs, fresh spinach, cheese, and Italian seasoning…
Roll it up jelly roll style and pinch seams to seal…
Place onto a parchment lined or greased baking sheet and brush with beaten egg…
Bake until golden and serve with Slow Cooker Red Sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 1 pound pizza dough (I buy ready made in my grocer's bakery, but frozen or homemade dough works great too!)
- 1 egg beaten
- about 10 of my <a title="Easy Meatballs | by Life Tastes Good" href="http://www.ourlifetastesgood.blogspot.com/2012/03/meatballs.html" target="_blank" data-mce-href="http://www.ourlifetastesgood.blogspot.com/2012/03/meatballs.html">Easy Meatballs</a> sliced
- 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Roll pizza dough into a rectangle about 10"x18" and brush with beaten egg all over.
- Top with sliced meatballs, 1-2 cups spinach, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning on top.
- Starting on the long side, roll up the dough like a jelly roll and pinch all seams to seal. Place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet, and brush the outside with the remaining beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and serve with <a title="Red Sauce | by Life Tastes Good" href="http://ourlifetastesgood.blogspot.com/2012/03/red-sauce.html" target="_blank" data-mce-href="http://ourlifetastesgood.blogspot.com/2012/03/red-sauce.html">Slow Cooker Red Sauce</a>. Enjoy!