Completely delicious and bursting with flavor, Rosemary & Garlic Instant Pot Potatoes are an easy side dish that your family will devour!
For me, anything involving potatoes screams comfort food (and I am a huge fan of comfort food). I love finding new and exciting ways to use potatoes to elevate my family dinners. Rosemary & Garlic Instant Pot Potatoes are my new obsession! They’re SO easy to make, they come out perfectly every time, and my kids approve of them. Make a batch of these yummy potatoes to pair with this pork tenderloin recipe and you’ve got a complete dinner that the whole family will enjoy!
Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Potatoes
- You really can’t go wrong with a potato side dish to go with dinner. They’re just so versatile…. mashed, fried, baked, roasted, they’re delicious no matter how you make them.
- These potatoes are ready in under 25 minutes – and bonus, most of that time is the potatoes just doing their thing inside the instant pot! That means I can focus on the rest of our meal.
- These potatoes are bursting with rosemary and garlic flavor, are as creamy as can be, and they pair just perfectly with nearly any main dish you can imagine!
Our favorite dinners to go with these potatoes
- Air Fyer Pork Chops – These pork chops are ready in about the same amount of time as the potatoes. The combination of air fryer and Instant Pot keeps my kitchen cool on warm days and makes clean up a breeze!
- Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs – I start the potatoes first and then make this chicken. Once the Instant Pot is done, I release the pressure and let the potatoes hang otu until I’m ready to serve. The pressure cooker keeps them nice and warm until dinner time.
Potatoes – As much as I love potatoes, I HATE peeling them. I swear I slice my finger every time I do it (not to mention most of the peels end up on the floor instead of the trash…). That’s one of the main reasons I love these instant pot red potatoes – you don’t have to peel them! Just grab 2 bags of small red potatoes and you’re ready to go!
Seasonings – A magical mixture of seasonings makes this potato recipe simply scrumptious. The key players are dried rosemary, minced garlic, and paprika.
Chicken Broth – The key to instant pot success is having the right amount of liquid inside to get the pot up to pressure, but not too much to turn your food into a soggy mess. For this recipe, I recommend using 1 cup of chicken broth. It adds a little extra flavor to your potatoes and it’s the perfect amount of liquid to get the pressure cooking process working.
How to cook potatoes in an Instant Pot
STEP ONE: Set your Instant Pot to saute, and melt the butter in the pot. Then add in the garlic and cook it for about 3-4 minutes, stirring often so the garlic doesn’t burn. After that, stir in all the spices.
STEP TWO: Add the potatoes to the pot and stir them into the butter mixture until they’re nice and coated. Then pour in the chicken broth and stir once more.
STEP THREE: Place the Instant Pot lid in place and lock it. Set the valve to sealing and turn the pot to high pressure (manual setting). Cook the potatoes for 13 minutes. Once the potatoes are done cooking, carefully quick release the pressure valve.
STEP FOUR: To serve, scoop the potatoes into a serving bowl and sprinkle some parmesan cheese and chopped parsley on top for the finishing touch!
How long to cook potatoes in an Instant Pot
Cooking potatoes in an instant pot really couldn’t be any easier. No more hovering over a sizzling pan or constantly turning potatoes to roast in the oven! And the best thing? It’s super quick! I’ve found that the sweet spot for instant pot red potatoes is 13 minutes. At just 13 minutes, your potatoes steam to perfection, leaving them creamy and delicious!
Need more side dish inspiration? Check out these other Real Housemoms recipes!
- Cowboy Caviar
- Cheesy Bacon Oven Potatoes
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- French Onion Scalloped Potatoes
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 pounds petite red potatoes cut in half (2 bags)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Fresh parsley finely chopped, for garnish
- Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir often so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add in the spices to the garlic butter and stir to combine. Add the red potatoes to the pot and stir until well coated in the butter mixture.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot and stir once more.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock it in place, and set the valve to sealing. Turn to high pressure (manual setting) and cook for 13 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, carefully quick release the steam valve.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl and sprinkle parmesan cheese all over the top. I like to add a little chopped parsley too. Serve warm.