Tender, juicy & bursting with flavor, Air Fryer Pork Chops are the perfect family meal that you can have cooked and ready in under 25 minutes!
When it comes to dinner time, I am ALL for a quick and easy recipe that my family will love. We’re huge fans of pork chop recipes around here and Air Fryer Pork Chops are our new favorite. Pork chops in the air fryer are tender, flavorful, and juicy – basically everything you wouldn’t expect a pork chop to be! Pair them with some delicious mashed potatoes and steamed green beans and you’ve got a complete meal that everyone will devour!
AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
It’s a well-known fact around here that I am a stickler for family dinners. Whether I’ve got time to make a multi-course meal or just grabbing take-out from our favorite local restaurant, if it’s a weeknight you can almost guarantee that my family will be sitting down together for dinner.
We’ve only got so many more years until my boys are headed off to college, I just want to soak in as much family time as I possibly can. That being said, we are SUPER busy. I don’t always have time for a fancy home-cooked meal.
That’s where my new favorite kitchen tool comes in – the air fryer! I can whip up an easy, delicious dinner in minutes so even on our busiest nights, we can have a homemade meal. One of my favorite dinners to make is air fryer pork chops.
Pork chops usually get a bad reputation because they can so easily become dry, bland, and chewy. Well, not this air fryer pork chop recipe! The pork is juicy, tender, and simply delicious. Definitely one of my go-to meals these days!
Pork Chop Ingredients
Seasoning – for this air fryer pork chop recipe, you’re not going to bread your pork chops. Instead, you’ll season them! Skipping the breading makes this recipe low-carb, but don’t worry it still tastes AMAZING. To achieve that perfect taste you’ll need Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt & pepper.
Parmesan – every recipe is better with cheese, right? To get that delicious crispy crust on your pork chops, you’ll need some grated parmesan. It adds the perfect amount of saltiness!
Boneless Pork Chops – I’ve found that boneless pork chops in an air fryer work better than bone-in. (plus they cook faster!)
How to Cook Pork Chops in an Air Fryer
Normally pork chops take forever to get tender (and by that point, they’re dried out…). But thanks to the air fryer, you can cook tender, juicy pork chops in just 16 minutes! What are you waiting for? Get air frying now!
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 360 degrees f.
- Next, get working on your seasoning: combine all your seasonings and parmesan cheese in a small bowl and give them a good mix.
- Add a tsp of olive oil to the pork chops and rub to coat. This will help the seasoning stick to your pork chops allowing them to get that perfect crispy crust!
- Next, coat your pork chops with the seasoning mixture on both sides and place on the air fryer tray. Make sure every inch of the meat is covered – you want every bite to have that yummy seasoning!
- Now it’s air frying time! Cook your pork chops for 10 minutes on one side and then give them a flip and cook for 6 more minutes.
- Serve with a green vegetable (like these delicious green beans with bacon!) and parsley for garnish.
How long to cook pork chops in air fryer
Like we talked about already, pork chops get a really bad rap because they can be dry and flavorless. The most important thing to think about when making pork chops is how long you are cooking them.
For air fryer boneless pork chops you’ll want to cook them for about 16 minutes. If you’ve got particularly thick-cut pork chops, give them a few extra minutes.
While I recommend cooking boneless pork chops in an air fryer, you can absolutely use bone-in chops instead. You’ll need to give yourself a few additional minutes of cooking time to account for the bone.
No matter what cut of meat you use, make sure you check the internal temperature of your air fryer pork chops before serving. You’ll know your pork chops are ready to go when they hit 145 degrees F!
Looking for more quick family dinners? Try out some of these other Real Housemoms recipes!
- Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Crock Pot Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- more DINNER recipes…
Tools used to make this Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe
Air Fryer: it’s really no surprise to me that this appliance has become so popular… it’s the BEST.
Mixing Bowls: you’ll need a bowl for your pork chops and a bowl for your seasoning – why not just get this adorable set of nesting mixing bowls?
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Fresh parsley finely chopped, for garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the seasonings and Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Drizzle the pork chops with olive oil and rub to coat both sides.
- Season both sides of each pork chop, using all of the Parmesan mixture. Place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Then flip and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Serve warm sprinkle with chopped parsley for garnish.
Leave a Reply