When we lived in Pennsylvania, we would go to an indoor farmer’s market that sold a variety of food, crafts, gifts, and distinctive items. At one of the meat counters, I picked up a recipe for some delicious pork chops. I made them several times for my family, parents, and mother-in-law and father-in law. They were always a huge hit! I decided to change a few things in the recipe, make it a little healthier, and try them in a crock pot. The original recipe called for sour cream, but I substituted fat free plain Greek yogurt, and I also mixed together a few ingredients to make a cream of chicken soup. I found a recipe for homemade cream of chicken soup that included seasonings, but I modified the recipe and only used three of the ingredients. Crock Pot Pork Chops turned out amazing and my kids loved them too! My son even had a second helping. They were perfect with mashed potatoes and the yummy gravy!
Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- Place pork chops on the bottom of the crock pot
- Make homemade cream of chicken soup: in a medium saucepan, mix the chicken broth, milk, and flour over low/medium heat until it boils, stirring constantly
- Continue stirring the soup until it thickens, then remove from heat
- In a bowl, mix together chicken soup, yogurt, worcestershire, onion soup mix, and chicken broth
- Pour over the pork chops
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours (mine were thin boneless pork chops and were done in 3 hours, so check them periodically)
- Remove the pork chops from the crock pot
- Pour gravy from the crock pot over the pork chops
- Suggestion:Serve the pork chops and gravy over mashed potatoes
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!