Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs bring together everyone’s favorite ingredients to revolutionize this classic summer snack!
Cheesy, salty, and crunchy, these Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs are going to absolutely blow your mind! Your whole family will go nuts for these juicy hot dogs sliced and stuffed with shredded cheese and wrapped with two slices of crispy bacon.
A CLASSIC ENHANCED!
Hot dogs are one of the easiest, most kid-friendly meals that you can throw together and they’re a summer staple! Just because it’s a classic doesn’t mean that there’s no room to reinvent and enhance it!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH BACON WRAPPED DOGS
- Loaded Tater Tot Nachos – Why have regular fries when you can add a side of loaded tots instead?
- Nacho Cheese Sauce – This queso is amazing and makes a great dip or hot dog topping!
- 30-Minute Chili – This isn’t a chili dog recipe, but it very well could be!
Dogs: Grab any package of your favorite brand of hot dogs and a package of buns.
Bacon: You’ll need 2 slices of bacon to wrap each dog.
Cheese: Fill the middle of each dog with a sprinkling of shredded cheddar cheese. You can also use strips of sliced cheese.
HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED CHEESE DOGS
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the oven to 450 degrees F. Slice into each hot dog lengthwise down the middle about halfway in, making sure not to slice all the way through. Gently stuff the middle of each hot dog with shredded cheese.
STEP TWO: Wrap two slices of pre-cooked bacon around each hot dog. Secure the bacon slices with toothpicks if necessary.
STEP THREE: Place the Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy. Once finished, place a bacon-wrapped hot dog into a hot dog bun, top with your favorite condiments, and enjoy!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- For extra crispy dogs, turn them over about halfway through in the oven.
- These bacon wrapped cheese dogs are great to dress up with your favorite toppings! I love to use these to make chili dogs or street dogs with grilled onions and peppers!
CAN YOU COOK BACON WRAPPED DOGS ON THE GRILL
You can just as easily cook these delicious dogs on the grill. Place them on the grill over medium heat and turn them every couple of minutes to evenly crisp the bacon. The dogs should be heated through and ready in about 8 to 10 minutes.
CAN YOU REHEAT BACON WRAPPED CHEESE HOT DOGS
If you happen to have any leftover bacon wrapped dogs you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. You can reheat them in the microwave, in the oven, or in a skillet on the stove. I recommend reheating them in the oven or on the stovetop to re-crisp the bacon.
OTHER RECIPES FOR BACON LOVERS
- Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders
- Bacon and Avocado Pasta Salad
- Cheesy Bacon Oven Potatoes
- Chicken Bacon Roll Ups
- Sweet Bacon Tater Tots
*This post was originally posted on 08/29/2012.
- 16 strips bacon (see note)
- 8 hot dogs
- ½ cup Colby jack cheese shredded
- 8 hot dog buns toasted
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon making sure it's still soft enough to wrap around the hot dog. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Slice each hot dog lengthwise down the middle, but do not cut all the way through. You're making a pocket for the cheese to go in.
- Fill the pocket with shredded cheese. Then wrap two slices of bacon around each hot dog so there is bacon end to end. Secure the bacon strips with toothpicks if needed.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted, the bacon has crisped up, and the hot dogs are warmed through.
- Remove from the oven and put the hot dogs in buns. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!