When I was still in Arizona Stacey and I would sneak off once in awhile on a Sunday and have a mom’s afternoon together. We really like heading down the street to a bar called Sandbar. They have all day happy hour on Sunday, so we could get really great food and margaritas for really cheap.
It’s a neat place, we would sit outside even when temps were 110 plus as long as the misters were on. They have sand on the floor outside so it’s like being on vacation and let’s be honest, sometimes moms need a vacation and all we get is an hour or 2! Getting away with your friend and pretending your on vacation can really help recharge your batteries so you feel like a person and not an under paid live in nanny/housekeeper. 🙂 When you get home you are so happy to see your family and you can give them your best again.
One of our must have apps was the queso dip. It was so delicious that even though we would always over order we’d eat all of this. It goes great with margaritas, and conversations with great friends. I don’t have a Sandbar here, or my Stacey to go get it with, so I had to make it at home and I’ll have to settle with a phone call. 🙂 This dip comes together so fast and easy and it made my husband’s eyes pop out, it was so good. Give it a shot for your next girl’s night or football Sunday with friends.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 10 3/4 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz. Queso Blanco Velveeta
- cook breakfast sausage over medium high heat in a large pan, breaking apart into crumbles as it cooks
- remove from heat and drain on paper towel on a plate, keeping oil in pan
- add mushrooms to pan with the sausage oil and saute until tender
- in a med sauce pan melt queso blanco and cream cheese, stirring constantly
- add cream of mushroom soup and stir until smooth
- add sausage and mushrooms and stir to combine
- serve with tortilla chips and enjoy