SLOW COOKER CHIPOTLE RANCH CHICKEN is juicy perfection that’s a staple everyone needs in their back pocket! Incredibly versatile, flavorful chicken for tacos, burritos, nachos, soups, salads, etc. and all you do is dump and run!
‘Tis the season of cranberries, apples, and pumpkins but my FAVORITE food of the holidays are the soups and my best crock pot recipes! There is something so satisfying about a meal that has been simmering in a bath of spices all day for ultimate flavor and juiciness, that tastes like you slaved for hours, but took you minutes to throw together. And with all of the bustling craziness of the holiday season, no-fail, “forget and go” recipes are a MUST in my home. Enter family favorite Slow Cooker Chipotle Ranch Chicken!
You are going to love how quick and easy this chicken is! It tastes of multidimensional layers of spices and the creamy ranch that just pushes this chicken into another realm of YUM!
To make this Slow Cooker Chipotle Ranch Chicken simply add ¼ cup water to your slow cooker. You might think this won’t be enough, but trust me, you will have excess water by the time the chicken is done cooking. Next, whisk together your homemade fiesta-licious spice blend of ground cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and of course ground chipotle powder with some olive oil and rub it all over your chicken.
If you aren’t sure how much chipotle powder to add, I suggest starting with ¼ teaspoon as it can be quite spicy, then adding more to taste at the end of cooking. You can always add more heat but you can’t take it back!
Let your Slow Cooker Chipotle Ranch Chicken cruise until it shreds easily, drain off excess liquid then toss with a silky, tangy ranch of your choice and you have creamy Mexican Ranch Chicken that is ideal for a taco bar, burritos, enchiladas, or just pile high a plate of rice and beans and dig in! The ultimate no-fail, easy dinner that everyone in your family will love!
If you loved this recipe, be sure to try all our Best Crock Pot Recipes!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper*
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Lightly grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and all spices (everything but Ranch dressing). Rub mixture all over chicken then place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker. Cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, and let rest 5 minutes before shredding. Drain excess liquid in slow cooker. Return shredded chicken and add 1/4 cup ranch dressing (or more for “saucier” chicken. Stir to combine.
- Serve in tacos, in burritos, on salad, etc.
You might also like:
Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken
Erik Manning says
How would you recommend making this recipe with powdered ranch mix instead of the actual dressing?
Savita @ChefDeHome says
Loving the flavor combo – chipotle and ranch! perfect!