These delicious Keto Peanut Butter Cookies will rival any classic cookie recipe you may have and, bonus, they’re dipped in chocolate!
Chewy, soft, peanut buttery Keto Peanut Butter Cookies are the perfect low carb indulgence for anyone following a keto plan. Made with simple keto-friendly ingredients and ready in just 20 minutes, this cookie will satisfy any craving with just one net carb!
A MODERN TAKE ON A CLASSIC COOKIE
Peanut butter cookies are so nostalgic I can recall the taste of them on command. I love this peanut butter keto cookie because I can’t tell the difference between them and the peanut butter cookies of my childhood.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH KETO COOKIES
- Garlic Butter Pork Chops – Why not plan a delicious keto dinner to enjoy ahead of these keto chocolate peanut butter cookies?
- Low Carb Cheesy Bacon Cauliflower Chowder – This amazing keto soup works as a side dish or a meal.
- Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – This recipe is a favorite in my house and makes following a keto routine a breeze!
Cookie Dough: To make this keto friendly cookie recipe you will need sugar-free peanut butter and powdered erythritol. You’ll also want to grab an egg, some salted butter, and vanilla extract.
Add-ons: Completely optional, but definitely worth it, melt some Lily’s dark chocolate chips to dip the finished cookies in.
HOW TO MAKE KETO PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the over to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set the baking sheet aside. Combine all of the cookie ingredients, with the exception of the chocolate chips, in a large bowl or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix the dough until it is fully combined.
STEP TWO: Next, grab a medium-sized cookie scoop. Portion out the Keto Peanut Butter Cookie dough and roll it into balls. Place the cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Next, use a fork to gently press down on each ball of dough to create a cross-hatch design. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes and allow them to rest of the pan for an additional 10 minutes. After, remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
STEP THREE: As an optional step you can dip your Keto Peanut Butter Cookies in chocolate! Simply melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between each round in the microwave. Dip the completely cooled cookies in the melted chocolate. Return dipped cookies to a piece of wax or parchment paper until the chocolate has set and is firm.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- You may consider adding just a quarter-teaspoon coconut oil to the melting chips for a softer chocolatey texture.
- If desired, you can reduce the sugar substitute to as little as 1/4 cup for a slightly less sweet cookie.
- I love to sprinkle just a little bit of sea salt over the top of each cookie before baking.
HOW MANY CARBS IN KETO PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
The great news about this recipe is that each Keto Peanut Butter Cookie has just 1 net carb. Depending on your carb goal for the day, it’s pretty easy to fit in a couple of these delicious cookies for dessert.
CAN YOU FREEZE KETO PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES?
These keto friendly peanut butter cookies will keep for up to a week in an airtight container at room temperature. If you plan on freezing these cookies, make sure they are stored in a container in layers separated by wax or parchment paper. The key to keeping cookies tasting their best in the freezer is to make sure your storage container is airtight!
OTHER KETO RECIPES
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Fat Bombs
- Low Carb Cheesecake Bites
- Chocolate Keto Mug Cake
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
- Keto Friendly Mug Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set it aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the peanut butter, erythritol, eggs, butter, and vanilla until fully combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion out the dough and roll it into balls. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet. Use the tines of a fork to press a criss-cross shape into the tops of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Then allow the cookies to cool on the pan for an additional 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-seconds intervals, stirring between each heating. (Add 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil for a softer chocolate texture.) Dip the cookies halfway into the melted chocolate then let sit on wax or parchment paper until firm.