Every bite of Funfetti Cake Mix Blondies tastes like a sweet and sassy party and amp up the joy anytime they are served!
Colorful and sweet, these incredibly easy-to-make Funfetti Cake Mix Blondies are a quick and sweet way to put a smile on everyone’s face! The trick is to use a yellow cake mix to cut down on time and ingredients. Then just add in some milk, egg, oil, vanilla extract, and of course, lots of rainbow sprinkles!
Rainbows for Everyone!
Is there anything better than a rainbow? I’ve never heard anyone bah-humbug a rainbow and obviously, to my kids, they are super magical. No matter how many times I make these Funfetti Cake Mix Blondies, their little eyes still light up with excitement! I totally love them too and I love how easy they are to make. I stir up everything in a bowl, toss the batter in a pan, and bam! I have amazing blondies!! These are sweet and slightly chewy and I can make them for birthdays or parties or just because I’m craving them. I have to admit that I also love these blondies with a big scoop of ice cream and sometimes my kids like to make Funfetti ice cream sandwiches so however you have them they are simply the perfect dessert!
Other Recipes to Serve with Funfetti Cake Mix Blondies
- Looking for some chocolate at that birthday party? Try these Birthday Brownies– they also have amazing rainbow sprinkles!
- Stick with the rainbow theme and serve up this delicious Rainbow Party Punch for a sweet accompaniment to the Funfetti Blondies.
From the Pantry: You will need a box of yellow cake mix, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and rainbow sprinkles.
From the Refrigerator: You will need a small amount of whole milk and one egg.
How to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Blondies
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×9 pan. In a large mixing bowl, mix the yellow cake mix, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, milk, and egg together. Fold in the rainbow sprinkles with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. (Save some sprinkles to put on top.)
STEP TWO: Pour the batter into your greased pan and spread it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle the reserved sprinkles over the batter. Bake the blondies for 30-35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
STEP THREE: Allow the Funfetti Cake Mix Blondies to rest and cool for a few hours before cutting into 9 bars.
Tips for Success
- For this recipe, yellow cake mix is the preferred mix because it gives the Funfetti blondies the perfect texture. A white cake mix or funfetti cake mix won’t come out the same. I’ve tried and yellow is the way to go!
- The batter will be thicker than a cake mix and slightly stiff so it should be easy to spread with a spatula.
- You can add any color of sprinkles that you like- give your Funfetti Cake Mix Blondies some Christmas or Valentine’s Day flair using seasonal colors or use your favorite teams’ colors. Whatever you choose, have fun with sprinkles!
What is the difference between a brownie and a blondie?
The simple answer to this question is chocolate! Brownies are typically made with cocoa powder and sometimes chocolate chips, whereas blondies have no chocolate but have a delicious vanilla taste instead. Also, blondies are a more dense dessert and that is what makes it different from a fluffy, airy cake.
Can I add chocolate chips to the Funfetti Cake Mix Blondies?
Heck yes, you can! Many people choose to use white chocolate chips in Funfetti blondies but milk chocolate chips also work well in this recipe, it just depends on what you like. To add chocolate chips to this batter use 1/2 cup of any size chocolate chips.
More fantastic ways to add sprinkles to your life
- Birthday Cake Waffles
- Funfetti Cupcakes
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
- Krispy Kreme Cake Batter Trifle
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 15 ounces yellow cake mix (1 box)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan or line it with parchment paper and then set it aside.
- Mix together cake mix, vegetable oil, milk, egg, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. The batter should be well mixed but stiff. Mix in the sprinkle with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. (Save some sprinkles for topping.)
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan and spread into an even layer with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the reserved sprinkles over the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the toothpick comes clean from the center.
- Remove from the oven. Blondies should rest for a couple of hours before cutting into 9 bars for best results.
Leave a Reply