These super simple No Bake Cookie Dough Bars are the perfect make ahead dessert that any cookie dough lover will go crazy for!
Indulgently sweet No Bake Cookie Dough Bars are packed with tons of chocolate chips and decked out with festive sprinkles. These bars only take 15 minutes to prep and chill in the fridge for three hours, making them the perfect make ahead dessert recipe for busy days!
THE BEST WAY TO EAT COOKIE DOUGH
I don’t think I’m alone when I say I sometimes sneak a taste of raw cookie dough even though I know I’m not supposed to. This No Bake Cookie Dough Bar recipe is the best because I can eat a whole piece of cookie dough flecked with chocolate chips and sprinkles and not have to feel guilty!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH BARS
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars – If you’re looking to serve up a little variety, these bars go great together!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough No Bake Cheesecake – Stick with the chocolate chips, but add in some cheesecake!
- Ultimate No Bake Cookies ‘n Cream Cheesecake – This super easy no bake dessert is an Oreo lover’s dream come true!
Dry Ingredients: You will need granulated sugar and flour for this no bake cookie dough recipe. I recommend heat-treated flour to prevent any raw flour taste. (You can heat treat flour yourself too.)
Wet Ingredients: Grab a stick of softened butter, a can of sweetened condensed milk, and some vanilla extract.
Mix-ins: You can mix mini chocolate chips and sprinkles into the cookie bars.
Topping: Top these delicious no bake cookie bars with milk chocolate chips melted with shortening. You can also add some extra sprinkles to the top for a little extra color.
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH BARS
STEP ONE: Start by creaming together the softened butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl until it is smooth. Next, add in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Beat the dough until all the ingredients are well combined before adding in the flour.
STEP TWO: Add the flour and continue to mix the dough until the flour is all mixed in. Lastly, fold in the mini chocolate chips and sprinkles with a rubber spatula.
STEP FOUR: Grab a small saucepan and melt the milk chocolate chips and shortening over low heat. Stir until the chocolate mix is smooth and then pour it on top of the cookie dough. Smooth it evenly over the dough with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Then add even more sprinkles all over the top if you want. Place these No Bake Cookie Dough Bars in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- The cookie dough batter will be sticky before it spends time in the fridge. After it firms up however it will be the perfect cookie dough texture.
- Leave two overhanging edges of parchment paper in the dish for the easiest bar removal.
- These are so tasty, but very sweet. I was happy with half a bar as a serving at one time. You can cut them to whatever size you like.
HOW TO STORE COOKIE DOUGH BARS
This chocolate chip cookie dough bars recipe does take 3 hours to set in the fridge. You should wait to cut these bars once they are chilled and firm. After serving, these No Bake Cookie Dough Bars are best stored tightly covered in the refrigerator. They will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
CAN YOU FREEZE NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH BARS?
Freezing these bars is always a great option too! I like to individually wrap each cut up piece of bar in plastic wrap and keep them in a Ziploc bag. That way I can take out individual bars as needed if I’m craving something sweet. Just allow the frozen bars to defrost in the fridge for a while or out on the counter before biting into it.
OTHER DELICIOUS DESSERT BARS
- No Bake S’mores Cheesecake Bars
- German Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Snickers Cheesecake Bars
- Buttery Coconut Bars
- Pink Magic Bars
- Lemon Bars
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the flour and mix well. Fold in the mini chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Line an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Then press the cookie dough into an even layer in the pan. (The batter will seem a bit sticky before it has set but once it spends time in the fridge it has the perfect cookie dough texture, even when fridge-cold.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips and shortening together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cookie dough and spread it into an even layer. Add more sprinkles on top if desired.
- Chill for at 3 hours in the fridge.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the cookie dough block from the pan and then cut it into 12 squares. Serve cold. Stor any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Heat-treated flour is recommended to remove the raw flour taste.
- These are so tasty but very sweet. Twelve bars doesn’t seem like too big a yield but I was happy with half a bar as a serving at one time. So feel free to cut the block into smaller pieces.