CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH FUDGE is a sweet treat that’s the perfect way to satisfy your cookie dough cravings!
I don’t know about you, but I think I actually prefer cookie dough to baked cookies! This chocolate chip cookie dough fudge is a smooth brown sugar fudge chock full of dark chocolate morsels. It tastes just like cookie dough but it doesn’t contain any eggs or flour.
This fudge is quite simple to make – it starts on the stove top and then gets whipped to smooth and fluffy perfection in a mixer. It really helps to have a candy thermometer for this recipe to make sure that the sugar reaches the correct temperature. No candy thermometer? You can also drop a small spoonful of the boiled syrup into a bowl of cold water, if it forms a soft ball then you’re ready to go!
After the brown sugar fudge is made it’s time to add the chocolate. The fudge will still be a little warm when you fold in the chocolate chips so don’t be alarmed if they melt a bit. You’ll end up with some chocolate swirls and chocolate chunks in the end which add a lot of great flavor and texture. Don’t forget to add a generous helping of chocolate chips on top too!
This chocolate chip cookie dough fudge is the perfect treat for a party, a holiday dessert tray or just to have stash of in the freezer for when you need a bite of something sweet.
- Line a 9 inch square pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, brown sugar, butter and salt in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes until mixture is 238°F on a candy thermometer or a teaspoon of the mixture dropped into a small bowl of cold water holds a soft ball when pressed between your fingers.
- Transfer the mixture to a heatproof bowl. Beat in the vanilla with an electric mixer at medium speed, then add powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time, beating until fudge is thick and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Quickly stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips and pour the fudge into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Press remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into the top of the fudge.
- Place the fudge in the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour or until the fudge is firm enough to cut.