Meatball Marinara Potato Skin Bites require only 4 ingredients for an easy, delicious, and gluten-free appetizer!
You will love these bites of classic italian meatballs and baby potato skins because they not only combine two delicious family favorites but are also super easy to make.
I hate going to the grocery store. So I will scour the pantry, freezer, and refrigerator to figure out what I can make with ingredients on hand. That is how this recipe came about. I had baby yukon gold potatoes on hand and italian meatballs in the freezer. I realized these potatoes would be the perfect size for the meatballs. I opened the refrigerator and I had leftover marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella, and the Meatball Marinara Potato Skin Bites were born.
Real Housemoms TV
I also knew Mr. Flavor Mosaic would love these because what’s not to love? It’s little bites of meat and potatoes with marinara and cheese! The ultimate “guy food.” He even asked me to make them the very next day. So I knew I had a winner. What is even better is that these can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free meatballs (I used Farm Rich, which are gluten-free) and gluten-free marinara sauce.
I used frozen meatballs and prepared marinara sauce to keep the recipe quick and easy. However, you could certainly use your own favorite recipes.
For which occasion will you make these Meatball Marinara Potato Skin Bites?
- 12 baby yukon gold or red potatoes
- 24 frozen meatballs
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- In a preheated oven, bake the baby Yukon gold or red potatoes on a foil covered baking sheet for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees F until they are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the frozen meatballs according to package directions.
- When potatoes are ready, slice each potato in half. Scoop out the inside of each potato, leaving a little bit of potato with the skin.
- Place a meatball inside each potato half.
- Spoon about two teaspoons marinara sauce on top of each meatball.
- Sprinkle each with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Microwave for about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until the meatball and potato skins are heated through and the cheese is melted.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my Chicken Parmesan Meatball recipe.
Or you may like my Meatball Biscuit Slider recipe.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!