Meatball Marinara Potato Skin Bites require only 4 ingredients for an easy, delicious, and gluten-free appetizer!
You will love these bites of classic italian meatballs and baby potato skins because they not only combine two delicious family favorites but are also super easy to make.
I hate going to the grocery store. So I will scour the pantry, freezer, and refrigerator to figure out what I can make with ingredients on hand. That is how this recipe came about. I had baby yukon gold potatoes on hand and italian meatballs in the freezer. I realized these potatoes would be the perfect size for the meatballs. I opened the refrigerator and I had leftover marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella, and the Meatball Marinara Potato Skin Bites were born.
I also knew Mr. Flavor Mosaic would love these because what’s not to love? It’s little bites of meat and potatoes with marinara and cheese! The ultimate “guy food.” He even asked me to make them the very next day. So I knew I had a winner. What is even better is that these can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free meatballs (I used Farm Rich, which are gluten-free) and gluten-free marinara sauce.
I used frozen meatballs and prepared marinara sauce to keep the recipe quick and easy. However, you could certainly use your own favorite recipes.
For which occasion will you make these Meatball Marinara Potato Skin Bites?
- 12 baby yukon gold or red potatoes
- 24 frozen meatballs
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- In a preheated oven, bake the baby Yukon gold or red potatoes on a foil covered baking sheet for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees F until they are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the frozen meatballs according to package directions.
- When potatoes are ready, slice each potato in half. Scoop out the inside of each potato, leaving a little bit of potato with the skin.
- Place a meatball inside each potato half.
- Spoon about two teaspoons marinara sauce on top of each meatball.
- Sprinkle each with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Microwave for about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until the meatball and potato skins are heated through and the cheese is melted.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my Chicken Parmesan Meatball recipe.
Or you may like my Meatball Biscuit Slider recipe.
Thanks for the recipe…I can’t wait to try this recipe! I think it might be a winner for both my husband and the kids! Yum! Pinned and sharing.
Aubrey Cota says
Thanks so much Jenny!
Meatballs are a staple at some of my family get togethers, and I love how this mixes it up a bit! It looks very easy and quick, too!
What an awesome finger food for the super bowl !
Thank you! I think so too!
Do you have a good marinara sauce recipe? I absolutely love using your recipes. Thank you
Hi Belinda, thank you so much. If I have the time to make marinara from scratch, I like to make the sauce used in the World’s Best Lasagna recipe on AllRecipes.com, except I leave out the sugar and fennel seeds (just my taste preference.) If you have the time, I recommend making the sauce the day before and refrigerating it overnight. Then reheat it the next day. The reason why is that it gives the flavors time to more fully develop and you will have an amazing sauce.