BUTTERNUT SQUASH & CHICKEN FOIL PACKETS are an easy and healthy fall dinner you can make ahead to throw on the grill or pop in your oven!
Sometimes there just isn’t time to whip up a full meal after work. That is why make-ahead meals are the best! Something that I can prepare the night before and just spend 20-30 minutes cooking the next evening is a fantastic option for me during the fall.
Real Housemoms TV
You are probably thinking I’m crazy right about now talking about grilling in November. There is just something fun though about turning on the grill in cold weather! If that isn’t for you, you can easily toss these packets in the oven and get the same results.
When you cut these packets open they are full of tender butternut squash and moist chicken. I topped them off with some goat cheese for some added creaminess. It is a whole meal in one little packet!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh sage diced
- 2 tsp. diced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 c. soft goat cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Cute 8 12" long piece of tinfoil and place two together in 4 sets of two.
- Spray the top of each set of foils with non-stick cooking spray and top with 1/4 of the squash, onion, sage and garlic. On top of that, lay one chicken breast and sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Fold the foil packets up securely and place on a baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Allow the packets to rest for 5-10 minutes and serve by slicing them down the center and topping them with 1 Tbsp. goat cheese.
More easy dinner ideas!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!