Turkey Taco Salad is not only really tasty, but it is perfect for busy nights. It is quick and easy to put together and something for the whole family to enjoy. As early as it sounds, there are days I need to have dinner ready at 3:45. My kids get off the bus at 3:40 and on days when my son has baseball practice, they walk in the door to dinner on the table. My son quickly puts on his baseball uniform, we eat, and get in the car to head to the field. By the time we get home from practice, it has been hours and everyone is hungry again, so we will eat something light and healthy before finishing homework, taking a shower, and heading to bed. I like to feed the family something that is filling and healthy, especially so my son has enough energy to get through long hot practices. Turkey Taco Salad is amazing and my kids put theirs in a tortilla to make it into a taco. There are many options you can add to this salad with ingredients of your choice, but I loved adding avocado, light sour cream, shredded cheese, and black beans (which I forgot to add for the photo).
recipe from Taste of Home Easy Back to School Meals magazine
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes undrained (I used diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano)
- 2 tsp dried minced onion
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- shredded Mexican cheese blend
- optional-shredded lettuce diced avocado, light sour cream, black beans (drained)
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until meat is no longer pink
- Stir in tomatoes and seasonings and heat through
- Divide lettuce among plates
- Top lettuce with turkey mixture and shredded cheese
- Optional-add light sour cream, diced avocados, and black beans (and/or toppings of your choice)
- Optional-put turkey mixture and toppings in a tortilla to make a taco
Real Housemoms TV
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!