This quick and easy Mexican 7-Layer Cream Cheese Dip is creamy and cheesy, with some crisp, fresh flavors to balance it out. Full of taco flavor and your favorite toppings, this gorgeous dip is perfect for parties!
You are going to love the rich, creamy base and the bright, fresh veggies in this Mexican 7-Layer Cream Cheese Dip. It has SO much flavor and it’s a beautiful dish to put out as well! Everyone loves digging into this with some crispy tortilla chips and you are going to be getting lots of compliments – and lots of requests for the recipe!
MEXICAN 7-LAYER CREAM CHEESE DIP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
How is the new year treating you so far? Are you still wondering how we possibly arrived in 2018? I know I am… But we’ve been enjoying lots of family time and neighbor time and are having fun watching the football playoffs! My husband makes his red beans and rice every year and I’m in charge of appetizers and sides. Some favorites include my cold chili cheese dip, which takes just minutes to put together and is great with chips and veggies, and my healthy slow cooker buffalo chicken, which I love serving up as sliders. They go so fast! This year though, I’m planning to serve up this quick and easy 7-layer cream cheese dip! It takes no time to put together and I can even make it ahead, which means I get to enjoy the party too. ?
I also love that it’s super versatile and can be customized to include your favorite toppings. You can change up the type of cheese or beans you use, add your favorite style of salsa, and I’ve left the 7th layer up to you. Guacamole or diced avocado is perfect if you’re an avocado lover, but halved olives also are super tasty. You can even go low-key and use some chopped fresh cilantro or sliced green onions. Just pick your favorite or what you happen to have on hand!
I hope you give this easy appetizer a try! And I hope you have a joyful, fun and delicious new year!
Want more easy dip recipes?
- Spinach Bell Pepper Dip
- 1 Minute French Onion Dip
- Sun Dried Tomato Dip
- Easy BLT Dip
- Greek Layered Dip
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Mexican 7-Layer Cream Cheese Dip
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Serving Bowl: This glass serving bowl is one of my favorite dishes. It’s perfect for everything from dips to salads. Simple, classic, and a must-have!
Serving Platter: I love this simple plate for smaller bites, layered dips, and cream cheese topped with jelly!
- 16 oz plain cream cheese Two 8-ounce blocks at room temperature (I use 1/3 less fat)
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt see notes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 15- ounce can of black beans rinsed and drained (see notes)
- 2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños see notes
- 1 cup salsa
Take your pick for the 7th layer:
- diced avocado
- halved olives
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped green onions
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and taco seasoning until smooth.
- Place cream cheese mixture in an even layer in your serving bowl or plate.
- Top cream cheese with black beans, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, jalapeños, and salsa. Use your 7th layer topping of choice and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.