Our Peach Crumble Tart is ike peach pie, but better!! This will be your new favorite way to enjoy summer’s best peaches!
What’s your favorite fruit? Hands down, mine is fresh, juicy peaches! I simply cannot get enough of these glorious, golden sweet treats! I live in northern Virginia, and by mid July the farmers markets are bursting with bushels of peaches. I absolutely love this time of year!
One of my favorite ways to enjoy fresh, summer peaches is baking them into pies and crisps. This Peach Crumble Tart is amazing! It’s a combination of a peach pie, and peach crisp, which in my opinion is the ultimate peach dessert combination!
This tart is very simple, and comes together quickly. I start with a simple store-bough pie crust pressed into the bottom and sides of a 10″ tart pan. From here I peeled three large, fresh peaches, and combined with sugar and dry tapioca. (If you don’t have access to fresh peaches, substitute canned or frozen.) The peaches will let out a fair amount of juice, so the tapioca helps absorb some of that juice as the tart bakes.
The crumble topping on this peach tart is amazing! I included chopped pecan’s, which here in Virginia and most of the South for that matter, is a must when baking with peaches! I’ve discovered that pecans are peaches best friend, and for good reason. The crunch of the pecans adds an amazing crunch to the soft, juicy peaches in this tart. It completes this dessert beautifully!
As the tart bakes, it will make the house smell completely amazing! Once it comes out of the oven, let it cool for a few minutes, and serve it up warm. It’s even better with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
- 1 pie crust pre-bought or home made
- 3 c. fresh peaches about 3 large, peeled and sliced (you can also use canned or frozen)
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dry tapioca
- ⅔ c. flour
- ½ c. chopped pecans
- ⅓ c. light brown sugar
- ⅓ c. butter soft/room temperature (NOT melted)
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the peaches, sugar, and tapioca, making sure the peaches are evenly coated.
- In a 10" tart pan, lay out the pie crust, and press it into the bottom and sides, making sure to seal/press together any cracks or holes. Evenly add the peach mixture into the crust.
- In another bowl mix together the crumble topping. Mix the flour, pecans, brown sugar, and nutmeg. Cut in the butter until a crumbly mixture is formed. Evenly sprinkle the crumble over the top of the peaches. Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until crumble is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes. Slice and serve warm. Cover any leftovers and store at room temperature.
This recipe comes together quickly and easily. It’s a fantastic dessert to enjoy on a lazy summer day, or on the porch or patio with a glass of sweet tea! I hope you get to enjoy summer’s best peaches. Get out to your local farmers markets and enjoy the bounty that summer brings! Enjoy ~Erin
If you liked this recipe, you’ll definitely love these other recipes from Erin at Delightful E Made:
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!